Journies (Stonecap)

It was a windy, cold night in August, weather Stoner(and his plant) weren't too fond of.  Luckily, Stoner had his boyfriend's words to focus on.  It wasn't that Captain was worried how it would go, it was more that Captain wanted to make sure Stoner knew everything about his family.  Stoner adored his boyfriends love and enthusiasm for them.

"They're going to love you!" Captain said happily.  He squeezed Stoner's hand.

"Ya, dude," Stoner smiled.  "From what you've said, I'll love them too."

Stoner continued to smile, but in reality, he was concerned about whether or not he should bring up Captain's dad.  He figured it would be off topic- Captain didn't talk about his dad much.  But he worried that he'd say the wrong thing if he was brought up somehow, or how he would talk about his own father, if he had to.

Stoner shivered at a blast of air and he got closer to Captain, who made a happy sound.

They walked in, and Captain's mother and two siblings immediately greeted the two, hugging Captain and kissing his face.  It was Captain's older sister that addressed Stoner first.  She hugged him like it he was an old friend.

Stoner blushed.  His family was not like this at all.  It wasn't that they didn't get along, for the most part.  They just weren't very affectionate.  The best memories he had with one of his sisters was them smoking weed together.

Captain's mother made sure to walk Stoner into the house, showing him a mat to put his shoes on.  The mat had lose strands on all sides and was clearly torn with paint strains on it.

Stoner took off his shoes and blushed at the affection he was being shown. 

"Unfortunately, I started cooking dinner at the wrong time!  I don't make it too often. Silly me, but I wanted it to be a special meal for a special guest," Captain's mother explained.  "I'm sure you all can busy yourself setting the table."

Captain's two siblings immediately went towards the dinner table to help get it ready.  Captain smiled at Stoner.  "Well, come on!"  He went towards the kitchen and showed Stoner where everything was in the cabinets and drawers.

Captain seemed to know exactly what to do, and Stoner helped.  They sit up an area for Stoner and Captain sitting next to each other, two for Captain's siblings across from them, and one of the ends.  The other end was noticeably empty.  Stoner wasn't sure if Captain and his family even noticed how strong a presence the absence of someone there was.

Stoner got his own food, but Captain made sure he was there with him to point out what everything was, as well as occasional stories and quips about each item. Stoner liked most foods, and he got quite a bit.

They all sat down at the same time, making sure everyone and everything was ready.

Stoner happily got a bite of mashed potato, before he realized everyone else was about to pray. Stoner looked around awkwardly. He had almost forgot people some people even did pray before meals.

The family looked at him, but didn't say anything. They started to pray right when he put down his fork, and didn't check to see if he was praying as well. Stoner awkwardly looked at the whole family, all with their eyes closed, and tried to follow along as well as he could.

They soon finished and started eating. Captain looked over at Stoner and smiled widely.

Stoner smiled.  He looked around at Captain's family.