The New Neighbor (Playninja)

Ninja has never thought much about romance. Of course he wouldn't, he was raised to be a ninja. The only person he had been romantically involved with was all fake, a mission he was carrying out for MIRA. MIRA started as a national space company, but soon dominated the world. As people on bean world became more wary of impostors, MIRA's popularity and wealth grew, and they soon became somewhat of a international, and intergalactic government.

Not that Ninja cared much about that. There was no need to worry about impostors when you were the biggest threat you know. No, that wasn't why Ninja helped MIRA, it was simply because they had a lot of jobs to do, a lot of money to be given.

But that was years ago. Ninja had stopped working for MIRA, when they wouldn't stop trying to convince him to let them push him as a public hero for them. They were good employers, but not good for him in the long run.

Besides, it was more interesting now, going from place to place, client to client. Ninja wasn't just a contract killer, he spied, sabotaged, and lied. He could wield all types of swords, knew dozens of poisons, used bows, guns, and daggers. But those weren't the only tools required: he would use drills, grappling hooks, ropes, picks, anything to get the job done. His role was different from what ninjas would've done 500 years ago, but he liked to think of himself as carrying on their legacy.

That wasn't Ninja's whole life. By day he was a mysterious, who baked good biscuits and had a cat.

Despite his mysterious life, his neighbors trusted him. He was quiet, but baked them sweets and did them favors.

Ninja wasn't close to anyone. Other than his wonderful cat, of course. He was mostly fine with this; better to not get emotionally involved.

So, he never thought about romance. He wouldn't even be able to hide his true life, and if he did reveal it, no one would love him.

Well... he never thought about his *own* romance.

He suppressed his romantic wants by reading and writing romance novels. No one had ever read them before, but he was proud of them. It wasn't his area of expertise; he would probably be better off writing action or thriller, but that was his real life. In his fake life, he wanted romance.

Ninja was coming back from the gym one day when he noticed he had new neighbors. No big deal, the house had been empty for a while and he never greeted new neighbors.

But the beanie-wearing bean, seemingly living alone, caught his eye. Ninja watched him for a seconds. The bean, was carrying a box inside, and looked he could drop it any second. And he did, the box slipping out of his hands before he luckily caught it. Ninja pulled his head back slightly in surprise, and the blushing bean looked around for anyone looking. When his visor met Ninja's, he blushed harder, and moved swiftly inside.

Ninja let himself give a half-smile. It was cute, how awkward the bean seemed. Ninja felt a pang in his chest, but ignored it. Maybe he would get to know the new neighbor better, but probably not.

————————————

His neighbor mostly stayed inside and occasionally had a yellow visitor over. From what Ninja could tell, he didn't seem to have a consistent work schedule, as the rare times he left the house was at odd and always differing times. Ninja had no doubt that's how he appeared to his neighbors, too, so he didn't judge.

The way they finally got to talking was something straight out of a romance movie.

Ninja groaned when he realized he got a letter not intended for him. Looking at who it was for, brought some solace: it was for his new neighbor. Ninja thought he was cuter every time he saw him, and had something of an affinity even after never talking.

Among Us Logic One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें