Valentine's (Playcap)

Captain jumped out of bed.  It was a day he'd been looking forward to for a couple months now, Valentine's Day!  Not only was it his first Valentine's Day with Player, it was their 50 day anniversary!

Captain brushed his teeth, did his bed, and got dressed all nicely. Bounding out of his house for Player's, he thought of all the things they could do today.

Typically, they did the same things repeatedly. Captain cooking things for their picnics, bowling, and taking walks in the park, usually. They were both completely fine with this, but today, Captain wanted to do something different. More romantic!

He had a rose for Player, of course. He reached Player's house and knocked.

Player opened the door. "Oh, hey Cap- wuh-" he managed to get out before Captain hugged him tightly.

Captain pulled apart, beaming heavily.

"Captain, what are you doing here?" Player asked. "I thought we were going on a date tomorrow..."

Captain laughed. "You're so funny Player!"

"Uhh... what?"

"Do you really not know what day it is?"

Player's face fell. "No, I don't..."

"It's Valentine's Day! And our 50th day anniversary!" Captain frowned.

"Oooh... geez, sorry Cap," Player cringed. "I mean... I'm sorry I didn't have anything planned. I just don't really pay attention to Valentine's Day. And, I don't think most couples even pay attention to their 50th day anniversary!"

"It's okay," Captain smiled. "What do you want to do?"

"Uhh... did you have anything in mind? Something different than normal, I'm guessing?"

"That's the problem I can't think of anything! Since you're so smart I figured you'd have an idea."

Player scratched his head. "I don't really know. Maybe we should just go to a fancy restaurant?"

"But I like cooking for you!" Captain frowned.

"A movie?"

"I like hearing your voice!"

"Uhh... an escape room?" Player said. He was stretching for ideas at this point, his face scrunched up.

"Are you serious? That's too hard!"

"Well Cap! We should just do the same things as always, if you're so picky!"

Captain hadn't thought of that. He assumed they had to do something special for Valentine's Day, even though he typically liked doing their routine activities.

"Can we?" Captain asked sincerely. "Can we do the same things as usual?"

Player nodded. "...Maybe we can add a twist to it?"

"Oooh, like what?"

"I don't know. Combine them in some way. I don't know how to combine bowling in though," Player shrugged.

"I know! We can have a picnic, then hike up and do bowling there!"

"...What? Captain, how would we play bowling on top of a hill?"

"I'm not sure..."

Player giggled. They debated for a bit, before eventually deciding to go to the bowling alley and have a picnic there. Unconventional, but that didn't matter.

Captain went home to get some food. Picnic snacks, some he cooked, that didn't take long to make. He met up with Player and they headed to the bowling alley.

They got a lane and set up a picnic blanket and basket, ignoring the odd looks they got.

Captain grabbed an apple and hummed to himself while Player threw a ball. Player was good at bowling, surprisingly, his only weakness being that he sometimes didn't throw hard enough.

Captain got up to play. He was average, but occasionally won against Player.

They both alternated between playing and eating. The picnic blanket barely shielded them from the painfully hard ground they sat on, but they didn't mind much.

Player went up to the lane and prepared to throw. He took a deep breath before sending it down the lane. It went until it knocked down all the pins, making a strike.

Captain cheered and went up to Player, hugging him tightly.

"I love you, Player," Captain whispered in Player's ear. It was the first time he had said that.

"..." Player paused, Captain's arms wrapped around him. "I -I love you too."

He felt a smile come onto Captain's face. Captain pulled away, smiling from ear to ear.

"Ya.. I love you," Player said again, admiring how cute Captain was.

They paused and looked at each other for a moment.

"I'll go now," Captain smiled. He went up to the lane and threw the ball, but it was way off focus. He was thinking too much of Player.

Player giggled, and Captain turned back to him, giggling. They went up to each other and Player wrapped his arms around Captain, giving him a small kiss on the mouth.

Captain blushed. "You only did that to fluster me more so you could win!"

Player giggled. "That's half of the reason."

They both laughed, and went back to the game. They had ate a lot, and were almost done with the game by now.

The confession made Player falter, too, at his next turn.

Captain giggled and cheered Player on, which worked. The second throw, Player knocked all the pins down.

"Good job!" Captain congratulated him, excited to see how the game would go by now. He went up to the lane, and Player cheered him on.

They did a few more turns, and then finished. Looking at the screen, they saw that Player won.

"Yes!" Player said. "I won!"

Captain smiled. "Good job."

Player paused a moment before hugging Captain. "I'm always a winner with you. I love you, Captain."

Captain smiled. "I love you too."

They packed up and went back to the car. Driving home, Captain thanked Player for the idea.

"I'm glad we did this," Captain said.

"I'm glad too," Player sighed contently. "It's special, but still felt like... us."

"You're right," Captain said. "It was fun."

"Every day with you is special," Player said, continuing his flirting.

"I agree!" Captain beamed. "I think that's the point of Valentine's Day. That every day is special."

Player chuckled lightly. "I agree."

When they got to Captain's house, Captain picked Player up and brought him to the couch. They cuddled all the rest of the day, giggling and having fun.