First Visit (Blueegg)

NOTE: Yes, this is a Bluegg fic.  And it has an OC, not made by me, but a bunch of people, Yolk.  In some universes, Blue is also a biological father, but in some he isn't.

Blue scrunched up his nose, hand on the wheel. He wore a blank expression on his face, but his stomach was turning. He was on his way to Mr Egg's house, to meet his child, Yolk, for the first time.  While Blue had been in Mr Egg's house only a couple of times, he had never seen the kid.

The words that Mr Egg said to him the other day ran over in his head.  "I think you're ready to meet Yolk." Blue knew Yolk was very hesitant around strangers, and Mr Egg bringing anyone to meet him meant they were serious.  And Mr Egg trusted him with his family.  Blue didn't want to mess that up; and he wanted Yolk to like him.

But will I like him? Blue wondered. He wasn't the best at handling kids, but he genuinely wanted to get along with Mr Egg's child. 

He hadn't learned much about the other parent, but it seemed Mr Egg didn't care about telling, and Blue didn't need to know the answer.  From what he gathered, Yolk never really knew his other parent.

He was used to one.  He was used to it just being him and Mr Egg, and Mr Egg didn't know how he would react to his father introducing him to someone he was with.

Blue parked his car outside the house and began to walk the stone steps up to his house.  It was quite a nice house, and Blue still wasn't very used to it.  There was a fancy bronze lion on the door, the handle was a rich polished gold, and the door itself had a deep purple tinge.

Blue knocked and he heard the faint sound of footprints heading towards the door before it opened, revealing Mr Egg wearing a bright smile.

Mr Egg invited Blue in, softly speaking.  "He knows you're coming over."

Blue nodded and turned a corner, immediately noticing proof of a child's presence- toys scattered about, stickers and faint writing on the wall, the tv still blaring a kids show.  It was a stark contrast to the decadent and slightly minimalistic feel of the house, but it seemed Mr Egg didn't mind.

Blue felt a pinch on the back of his leg, and he looked down.  Yolk was there, holding a toy syringe.  He hissed.  "What are you doing in my house?"

"Now now, Yolk," Mr Egg warned, hiding a chuckle.  "This is Blue; who I told you would be coming."

Blue tried to smile, and the kid stared at him with judging eyes. 

"Uhh... my name is Blue," he said.  "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Are you dating my dad?" Yolk's bright gray eyes squinted.

"Yes," Blue said simply.  "I am."

Mr Egg looked nervously back and forth, playing with his hands a bit.  "Yes Yolk.  So you should be nice to him!"

Yolk paused, appearing to be thinking.  "If you give me my knife back, I will."

Blue knew about Yolk's knife, through the many stories Mr Egg told him, but it was something different to see it in action. 

Mr Egg gasped.  "No!  I am the parent around here- and we don't want to frighten Blue."

"I won't be scared," Blue looked up.  "He's just a kid."