Wedding (Playvetcap)

Note: Veteran uses he/him, she/her, and xe/xem pronouns in this fic.

Veteran stared in the mirror, admiring her own dress. The dress was an elegant white, with an embroidery trailing from the bottom to the top, almost mimicking snow. The sleeves were long and transparent, and the dress trailed around him.

His wedding dress.

Captain designed it for him. He designed Player's, suit, too. After he assured over and over it was okay, they were happy to let him.

It was a shame. Veteran wanted to marry Captain, too. But he couldn't, not legally. So just her and Player were getting married. Captain had grown a lot since before they all started dating, and only wanted his partners to be happy.

Captain took part in the preparation as much as possible. It wouldn't feel right without him, anyway. When he offered to design the dress too, it drove Veteran to tears. She wanted to marry his Captain, too, but xe couldn't.

Captain stood beside her right now, clapping his hands together in glee. "Love! You look wonderful!"

"Thank you Cappy," Veteran blushed. "You're why I look wonderful, it's your dress."

"You look wonderful because you're you," Captain jumped up and down.

"I look even better than normal," Veteran said.

"Player will be so happy when he sees you," Captain beamed. He had been going between both of their dressing rooms. They were both not seeing each other until the ceremony. Captain was traditional, and this was a way he wanted the wedding, which they were fine with.

Captain soon went back to see Player, and Veteran continued getting ready. Captain was their best man- they only had one set- but Angel was their bridesmaid of honor. She did Veteran's makeup and hair. It really saved them a lot of money, having such talented family and friends.

"Thank you for everything," Veteran also told Angel. "You're so cool."

"I know I am, now close your eyes so I can apply your eyeshadow," Angel smiled.

"Of course boss," Veteran laughed, closing her eyes. The brush tickled, but xe knew if Angel applied it, it'd be good- even though he didn't even know what it would look like. Other than a couple rules, it was up to Angel what it would be.

Angel finished applying the makeup. It took a while, and Veteran had to keep his eyes closed the whole time so it was secretive, but when he opened his eyes, it was definitely worth it.

His makeup was bright and lively. His eyeshadow was a pale yellow, while an even brighter, neon yellow was his eyeliner. His cheeks were pink with blush and sprinkled with stars. The lipstick Angel applied was soft and pink-red.

Angel smiled looking at her work. "Gorgeous."

"I love it," Veteran smiled up at wing.

"Me too," Angel said. "Now I'm gonna go get ready myself."

"Alright," Veteran said, looking back at his reflection: the makeup, the dress. The sparkly black shoes.

———————-

A couple hours later, Veteran was walking down the aisle. Glancing at Player, in his classic, yet unique suit, with his red tie, his somewhat-unnatural looking slicked back hair, even though Veteran appreciated Captain's work, he realized that it didn't matter how Player looked, Veteran just wanted to marry him.