What Comes After This (Stonecap)

Note: weed is mentioning in this. Stoner uses she/he/them pronouns in this. Also, fortegreen/fortebitch is an OC by @headphones_off

Captain laid on Stoner's lap, as his partner smoked weed.  Despite the smell, Captain was exhausted.  They'd recently got an increase in tasks, as there mission on the Skeld was coming to end.

Captain and Stoner were in their shared room.  As the captain of the ship, Captain was more exhausted than the rest.  The few moments of free time they got, Stoner and Captain spent cuddling.

Stoner breathed out smoke.  "Shit dude... do you want some of my weed?  It'd probably make you feel calmer..."

Captain shook his head.  "I don't know what'll happen if I do.  I need to do the best for the crew..."

"Whatever floats your boat," Stoner said.  He pulled their fingers through Captain's hair gently.

Captain sighed.  "The best help is just being with you..."

Stoner put down the weed, stopping smoking for now.  "Cap, have you ever thought about what we're gonna do when we get home?"

"Not much.  Other than give my mom a kiss on the cheek!"

Stoner chuckled.  She wished he had that type of relationship with their mom, but she wouldn't tell Captain that. He continued to take her hands through Captain's subtle curls. "Have you thought about... us...?"

Captain furrowed his eyebrows and lifted his head slowly. "I don't know... not really. I haven't been thinking about the future much at all."

"That's chill," Stoner said. He sighed. "I get it." It was disappointing, but he really did.

Captain yawned and laid back down, nuzzling. "Love you Stoner..."

"Love you too..." Stoner yawned. "These MIRA bastards making us to do all these tasks out of nowhere."

"We need to get things ready," Captain took his fingers and pinched his nose bridge, not out of annoyance but tiredness.

"I think it's a conspiracy," Stoner said seriously. "They're trying to make us more sheep-like by doing more tasks!"

Captain made a humming sound. "Maybe..."

"You know how fortebitch is."

Captain chuckled lightly. Fortegreen was his boss, a higher up in MIRA. Despite being captain of the ship, and having more responsibilities, Captain didn't have much control. Fortegreen, and even higher ups did. Fortegreen was the one who told them they had to do more tasks, as well as many other... questionable leadership decisions. Fortebitch was the nickname a lot of the crew used for him.

"Ya, I know how much fortegreen sucks," Captain said. Captain typically respected authority, but he couldn't here.

There was a moment of comfortable silence.

"Have you thought about... maybe we could live together when we get back to Earth?" Stoner asked. "Or something?"

Captain smiled. "That's a good idea."

"Really?" Stoner said happily. "That'd be awesome! My landlord is such an asshole."

Truthfully, the lease for her apartment expired soon, and she wouldn't have anywhere to live. If he told Captain this, though, he'd get worried and demand Stoner live with him. But Stoner wanted their boyfriend to genuinely want to live with him. And Stoner wasn't asking this just to get a place to live. IU. She wanted to live with Captain, and he'd probably rather not have a place to live than live with someone he disliked.

Despite his sleepiness, Captain was clearly excited. "Living with you will be amazing! We can cuddle every night!"

"I guess we're functionally already living together," Stoner supposed. "Stuck on this ship."

"The ship is fun, but, on the ground I can actually take you cool places!"

"Like what?" Stoner didn't get out much on the ground.

Captain made a happy sound. "We can go to the apple orchard near my house!"

"Apples are tight," Stoner said. He leaned down and kissed Captain's head.

Captain started to relax more, his tiredness catching up with him again. "I love you Stoner..."

Stoner smiled coyly. "I love you too."

Captain shifted positions slightly. He let out a tired sigh.

"Soon we'll get home and we won't have to worry about tasks for a while..." Stoner tried to comfort Captain. "That'll be nice, I think."

After a bit of silence, soft snores were the response Stoner got. She looked down, and saw Captain asleep. Stoner smiled, more than he usually would.

For the next hour or so, Stoner continued to sit with Captain. When Stoner got tired, too, she lifted Captain up softly and laid him down on their bed.

Stoner crawled in next to him. Captain was exhausted and hadn't stirred at all.

Stoner tucked a piece of hair behind Captain's ear. Stoner didn't always sleep much, but he was exhausted.

"Goodnight, Cappy. Love you..." Stoner yawned. He fell asleep within minutes, cuddled next to Captain.