Chapt 18 Book 4

Natalie's POV

I sat down on a rock next to Cedric and he seems nervous. I wonder what it is. 

" Evy?"
" hmm?"

" This might be a little hard to register but umm."

He pauses for a second.

" I want to enter the triwizard tournament."

WHAT THE FUCK-

" Wha-"

" I know its hard but i really want to join, let our house get some glory." 

I was speechless.

" I'm sorry if this hurts you." He looks down at our interwind hands. I tear from my eyes fall out of my eyes and onto his hand which was on mine. He immediately looks up. He lifts his hand and wipes my tears.

" Don't cry love."

My tears were falling even though I was trying to hold them in.

" I just don't want you to leave me." I sniffled.

" I'm not going to leave you, you have my word."

" But you could, the competition is dangerous."

" I will not leave you."

I was hyperventilating. I couldn't control my breaths or my tears. My head felt foggy. My vision blurred. I lied my head on Cedric's chest, hoping that I would feel better. My head started to hurt and there was now black dots in my vision. I was breathing really heavily now. Then all i saw was black.

I woke up to the bright scorching sunlight. My eyes adjusted to the light and now I could see Cedric staring at me.

" How are you feeling?"

" Fine?"

Just then the door opened and Liv walked into view.

" Is she-" She stopped when she saw me sitting up.

" OH MY GOD! You're awake." She whisper-shouted. She attacked me with hugs. 

" How long was I passed out?" I ask.

" It's only the next day, so overnight." Cedric answered me.

" Well then good morning."

We all chuckled. I lean over and peck Cedric on the lips.

" Ewww gross." Liv pretended to throw up.

The door opened slowly again and now it was George who walked inside. He walked to my bed.

" How ya feeling sis?"

" Fine."

George snaked his hand around Liv's waist.

" I was searching all over for you darling." He said in a low voice.

" And you wanted to throw up at us." I say rolling my eyes.

" Shut up." Liv scolded me.

" Was there something I missed?"

" We had a talk yesterday and George asked me THE question." Liv explains.

" I had no idea. I was here the whole time." Cedric puts his hand up when I glared at him with the ' And you didn't tell me' look.

" OH MY GOD, YOU'RE GOING TO MY SISTER-IN LAW!" I exclaim.

" Ummmm, Evy? Please don't think so far." Cedric ruins my moment.

I groan aloud and fall back on my bed. After an hour Mdm Pomfrey let me go. We walked to the great hall for lunch when it suddenly hit me. The reason I was passed out.

" Ced" I call

He turns around.

" Are you really going to sign up for the triwizard competition?"

" If you allow me."

" I allow you just please. don't. get. hurt."

" I'll try not to."

I sighed. I couldn't let him give up what he wanted for me so I had to let go. I'll support him all the way. We finish lunch and head to our lessons. We head for dinner and saw that the triwizard cup was put out with blue flames still burning on top. We sit down and finish dinner. 

Dumbledore goes to the Triwizard cup and starts to call the champion.

" The Hogwarts Champion. Cedric Diggory."

He smiled and got up. I congratulated him and let him go to the back. I rested my head on my arm waiting for the next name to be called.

" The Durmstrang champion. Viktor Krum." I was unsurprised.

Now left with beauxbatons.

" The Beauxbatons champion. Fleur Delacour." I clapped my hands cheering her on.

Then something unexpected happened. The flame turned red again. A piece of paper flew out. Dumbledore called Harry.

I heard whispers and curses from every angle. I put my head down in my arms and sighed, The drama never ends does it. 

After a long time of confusion, Cedric walks out of the back room and towards us.

" What happened? Your brother walked back there as a champion?"

" Don't ask please. My head and brain is tired from all this." I groan.

" Of course." He pulls me in for a hug. The rest of the school and the other two schools have walked out so it was left with my small friend group. I wrap my arms around his waist and he kisses the top of my head.

" Can I sleep with you tonight?" I ask

" Sure."

I grab his hand and I tell Liv to take care of Twinkle and Willow. We walk to Cedrics dorm and inside there is a boy with a girl on his lap. They were making out, it made me uncomfortable. Cedric noticed and cleared his throat. Him and the girl turned around and now stared at me.

" Well, Evy these are Adam and whoever his girlfriend is." He says pointing to them

" Guys this is Evy or Natalie to you."

" Nice to meet you Natalie." The girl walks up to me and shakes my hand rather eagerly.

" Nice to meet you-"

" Brynn, my name is Brynn."

" Nice to meet you Brynn."

She smiles brightly at me and walks back to Adam. Adam justs waves his hand at me before returning to Brynn.

Cedric walks to his bed and I follow in suit. He lies down and I lie down under the covers. He snuggles me to his chest and I make myself comfortable. This felt perfect. Cedric kisses me on the forehead and whispers,

" Goodnight Love."

" Goodnight loverboy."

He chuckles and my head moves against his chest. It calms down after a while and I fall asleep to his steady heartbeat.