Chapter 14 Book 4

I woke up in the middle of the night to Cedric shaking me.

" Evy, EVY! wake up." 

" What? What's going on?"

" There are death eaters, we need to leave now."

" What about Harry, Hermione, Ron?"

" They went off."

" But they are my family, I need to know they're safe."

" We have to go, i'll apparate us to the burrow."

" NO-" I got cut off when he apparated us away. I was too upset to feel the whirly feeling. I was now crying my heart out, my face full of tears. Cedric's white shirt practically clear from my tears. We were now at the burrow on the couch. I was screaming really loudly, probably giving Molly a heart attack.

" LET ME GO BACK! THEY'RE GONE, LET ME GO BACK!" I shout in Cedric's chest.

" You know I can't do that love."

CEDRIC"S POV

She looked up at me, her eyes swollen and red from crying. It pierced my heart a million times seeing her in this state but we needed to leave. Molly came running down the stairs and into the living room. I was cradling a crying Natalie in my arms was probably a shocking sight to see in the middle of the night.

" Oh, what's going on here deary?" Molly gasped.

" There was a death eater attack at the place and my father, mr weasley, Charlie, Bill and Percy went to help but the rest ran off somewhere." I explain.

"  Oh. Are you alright dear?" She asked me.

" Yea, but she is worried for her brother and the rest." I say gesturing to Natalie still crying madly in my arms.

" Would you like butter beer dear?" She asks Natalie. Natalie doesn't answer. I rub her back and ask again.

" Do you want to drink butter beer love?" I ask in a very gentle voice. Now Evy nods her head. Molly walks to the kitchen to get butter beer.

" What if they don't come back?" Natalie asks in a very very soft voice. She has never been this vulnerable ever in the last 3 years i've known her.

" I'm sure they will." I say in a soft voice.

Molly came back into the living room with a cup of warm butter beer. She hands the cup to me and sits on one of the couches.

" Evy?" She looks up at me. I put her down on the couch in a sitting position. I hand her the cup and she slowly takes it.  Colour starts filling her pale face as she drinks the butter beer. Molly smiles as Evy finishes the cup. Molly takes the cup when Evy finishes drinking and asks if she can have more.

" How are you feeling now?" I ask.

" Better."

Molly returns with Evy's second cup of butter beer. Evy downs it in one gulp.  

" I'm tired, i'm going to bed." Evy says getting up going to her room. I stare at Molly at mouth ' I'll be back.'

I follow Evy to her room. Her knees gave way and I caught her.

" Come on, you need sleep. You look worn out." I say, carrying her to her bed. I gently placed her down and tucked her in. 

" Goodnight love." I say, I kissed her and left the room. I walked back down and see Molly sitting on the couch. She sees me walking down the steps and smiles at me.

" How is she feeling?" Molly asked.

" She should feel better in the morning."

" You should go to sleep too dear."

" No i don't feel like sleeping."

" Well, I heard you call my god daughter ' Love' what is going on?"

I. blushed, " I asked her to be my girlfriend."

" OH! I knew this was going to happen sooner or later." She whisper-shouted. She smiled brightly this time. She took my hand in hers.

" Treat her well okay?"

" Of course." I'm glad I brought her mood up.

" Well i'm going to bed now, you should go to bed soon." She says. She goes to her room and I stay seated on the couch. I should really go to bed. I walk up and grab some blankets before making myself comfortable on the couch.  I fell asleep soon after. 

I woke up the next morning and kept the blankets. I got ready and went to check on Evy. I knocked her door.

" Evy?"

" Yea?" She replies in a raspy voice.

" Are you ready?"

" For what."

" For the day."

" Hold on."

I waited a few seconds and the door opened, revealing a walking beauty.

" I'm ready now."

" Quite obvious isn't it." I chuckle and she joins. We walk down the stairs hand in hand. Molly was in the kitchen prepping breakfast.

" Morning mom." Evy blurted out ' mom '.

" Oh shit, sorry." She corrected.

"  No worries dear, I treat you as my daughter anyway."

" But again, i apologise." Evy says tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. We heard Harry shouting something. All three of our heads whipped towards the front door. Evy let go of my hand as soon as the door opened. 

Mr weasley walked through the door first.

" Oh Arthur." Molly said running towards him giving him a kiss on the cheek. The rest walked in after, full of scratches and dirt.

" HARRY!" Evy says running giving him a hug as soon as he walks through the door.

" Hermione!" Evy giving Hermione a hug now.

" Ronald." She and Ron did their handshake.

" What happened?" Molly asked concerned.

" I told the kids to run off and Bill, Charlie, Percy and I went to help the ministry to fight the death eaters." Mr weasley explains.

" Come come, I have prepared breakfast." Molly urged us to the dining table. We all sat and I sat next to Evy with Fred and George next to me. Molly placed the food on the table and we all immediately dug in. We finished breakfast and those who came back this morning went to get ready. Me and Evy were sitting next to each other on the couch.

" I can't wait to go back to hogwarts." She says out of the blue.

" Me too."

" I heard something big was happening this year." I say remembering what my father said.

" I wonder what it is." Evy mumbled deep in thought.