Chapter 28 book 1

time skip 

Today was the day of the second task. It was taking place at the great lake. I was going to watch it but from the waters. I knew what the tasks were as one day i walked back into the castle and heard the professors talking about it, I was invisible of course.

I walked out to the black lake and there was hundreds of students on the platform. The four champions were at the edge.

I go under water and i didn't need to hold my breath because somehow I could stop breathing for i have no idea how long. I never took the time.

I saw the champions dive into the water. I followed closely behind them. They split off and I decided to follow Fleur. I saw some weird creatures start to attack her. I blasted the away. Fleur looked for the source of who helped her but I hid behind some seaweed.

She turned back and continued swimming. She swam to a point where four people were tied to the bottom with a rope. I saw Ron, Hermione, Gabrielle and Cho. They were supposed to save someone who was dearest to them.

Harry made it in the same time as Fleur. Harry tried cutting the rope with a sharp rock and Ron was free. They started swimming to the top. Fleur had trouble trying to cut the rope with a rock. As she cut it, I made the rope cut. They swam to the top.

Krum came into view and he had a shark head. He cut Hermione's rope easily and brought her to the top. Cedric was last. He appeared opposite the side I was on. The tried cutting Cho's rope but nothing was happening. 

A mermaid creature came from behind me and scared me. I came into Cedric's view and his eyes opened wide. I swam to him and cut Cho's rope. Then I swam faster than an average human being away from them.

I was swimming at 100km per minute.I started to slow down and lifted my head up from the water.

I could see and hear what was happening though the stands were rather far from where i was. Cedric and Cho emerged from the water, both panting. Cedric was looking around, looking for me.

" And Cedric Diggory, appearing last with Ms Cho Chang."

Cedric came up, out of the water onto the stands.

" I saw her!" He exclaimed to Liv and Fleur.

" Saw who?" Liv asked.

" Nat! I saw Nat!" He exclaimed. People around him gasped.

" Cedric, she's been missing for a month, I didn't see her anywhere. She would never be able to hold her breath for so long." Liv told him.

" She- she could swim at an alarming rate. She's not normal." He said.

" You must miss her a lot to be hallucinating these things." Fleur said.

" I wasn't hallucinating. I saw her!" He exclaimed again.

" Ced,  please calm down." Cho came running to him. She pulled him into a hug. The rest looked uncomfortable. 

I started slowly emerging fully out of the water. I was levitating. Cedric turned at that moment.

" SHE'S THERE!" He shouted, pointing at me. Every eye turned to me. I flew back into the water and swam at 50km/min back to the edge. I got out and teleported to my cottage. I dried myself off and headed to hogwarts, invisible.

I was checking it out to see if anyone had seen me. I was whispers and rumours, most of them about me.

" I saw her, she was in the air." Some whispered.

" I heard that Natalie Potter wasn't human." Others said.

" They say she's a spirit." A few said.

I walked and teleported to my dorm. Surprisingly, the entire group was there.

" I tell you, i really saw Evy." Cedric told them.

" Ced, please don't use that nickname, if she was here, she wouldn't want you to use it." Liv scolded him. She was right, it really did hurt.

" I did see her too, just a glimpse but I don't know if that was her." Fleur told them.

" I personally didn't see anything." Harry said.

" But there was someone." Hermione pointed out.

" Or something." George added.

" We should search for her." Harry said.

" You know i would, but there really isn't a point is there." Hermione stated.

" Why?" Cedric looked at her.

" She could easily go missing or run away again, take what happened at the yule ball as an example." She explained.

" She has a point." Liv agreed. Even I agreed with Hermione.

" What are we going to do?" Ron groaned.

" Maybe she'll come back." Fred suggested.

" I mean, if what you said was true, that she was at the second task, it means she's still here, watching us." George completed.

I wanted to show myself, i really did. But I couldn't not now. Not when I wasn't sure that they were in the right minds.

I teleported back to my cottage.

" Where did you go?" Kenzie asked.

" I went to check if there were rumours about me."

" That's not all."

" How'd you know?"

" It's written all over your face."

" I heard the group talking about me."

" Go back then."

" No, you know i can't."

She hummed in response.

I knew the third task was in about 3 months, somehow I just knew.

its a month later, I went back to hogwarts a few times and the rumours about me died down a little. New ones were being spread about me.

" Kenzie! Did you take my brush?" I ask her.

" Oops, sorry." She ran out of my cottage.

I groan. I make a new one appear and start to get ready for the day. I've learnt how to use the bow and arrow since about two months ago and i've gotten really good at it. I was going out to practise.

I normally practise far away from the ' village' so that if anyone found me, they wouldn't find the rest.

For some reason I felt like something was going to happen, i brushed it off and changed into my practise suit.

I would out of my cottage and teleport to my practise arena.

I saw something at the target.

Someone.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Who do you think found the target?  This is one of Natalie's lowest points in her life.