Chapter 30

"Bonez, put me down!" I looked up and saw we are in the locker room. Bonez put me down and smiled innocently at me.

"Listen, it's been awhile and I wanted do see if I could still carry you around like a doll." That shit eating grin always gets me. Bonez has always been protective over me.

"Forget that, how about you hug me because I haven't seen you in so long." I pulled Bonez in first a tight hug. "I missed you like crazy, dude."

"I missed you too. Did you watch the fuckery taking place on NXT?" We let go of each other.

I nodded with a sigh. "Yeah, Toxic Attraction taking over. It's like a female version of Roman Reigns and his bloodline. I'm not too keen on it. I preferred Raquel as champion."

Bonez shrugged their shoulders. "Can't really help it. I was gonna take that title from Mandy, but I was told I was being moved to RAW. I guess they want us together again."

"That makes sense. I'm the current champion here, but it's difficult to cause chaos when we're only one half of each other. Maybe the WWE Universe wanted this to happen?" I shrugged, which was followed by Bonez nodding in agreement.

"I wouldn't be surprised, plus it could be a good way to get more people to watch. Giving people titles and bringing tag teams together is happening more frequently lately. Almost like a trend." I nodded and shrugged my shoulders. It's always been a thing. We are only noticing now that we're superstars here too.

After a few more minutes of talking, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to meet Rhea. I looked around to see if any cameras were near us. There's no one else in here yet. Rhea must have followed us in here. "Hey, I wanted to talk while the cameras aren't on us. I have someone on the lookout, just in case."

I nodded and looked at the doorway. Nikki is standing guard and taking it as serious as a match. Gotta love her. "Sure, that's fine with me."

Rhea knelt in front of me. "You good? Nothing broken?"

"No, I'm not hurt." She kept checking me to be sure.

"You had four people beating you mercilessly. Are you sure?"

"Yes, Rhea." I grabbed Rhea's hands and put them on my face so she was cupping my cheeks. "Look at me. I'm ok, I promise. Thanks to you guys, I wasn't hurt."

Rhea smiled and released a sigh of relief. "I know Charlotte wanted to face you again. I didn't think she would go this far. I guess I spoke too soon. She would do anything to win or prove a point."

Suddenly, Bonez cleared their throat to get our attention. Shit, I was so caught up with Rhea, I forgot it wasn't just us. "Sorry, as nice as this is, I have a question." I removed Rhea's hands from my face and let her hold my hands. "How long have you been fucking?"

Bonez has never been one to beat around the bush. They are blunt and aren't shy when it comes to asking about my personal life. Which is why the irony of the situation earned a laugh from me. "Still as perceptive as ever, Bonez."

Bonez hummed a reply and smiled. "That's fine, I don't care."

Rhea nodded and turned to Bonez. "Actually.....we're together."

Bonez sighed and lied back onto the bench. "Fucking finally!" Bonez tried to sit up, but they're having trouble. "Riley, I require assistance."

I held out my hand and let Bonez grab it. I helped them sit up. "You too, huh?" Rhea scratched the back of her head. "How long were we in denial for?"

"It was a long time. After you became friends, I saw a spark. Although, Riley was with Taylor at the time. She wouldn't let Riley even have friends without her permission sometimes. Riley and I have been friends since high school. If I wanted to date her, I would have had her already. I was hoping Riley would pursue you too. Although, I knew Taylor would have to be out of the picture first."

I nodded and sighed. "They tried to convince me that she was being toxic, but I didn't want to listen. I didn't want to believe it."

"It's ok, I know what it's like to have false hope in a partner. Besides, you took action after I found out she was cheating on you."

"How did you find out?" Rhea furrowed her eyebrows.

"Taylor was on Tinder. I was using it to find a partner and she showed up. The only way you can show up as a recommended is if you were recently active." Bonez explained. "Riley was upset, so I calmed her down and let her decide what to do."

"Oh that's funny, now that you mention Taylor. She was already dating another girl by the time we found out. You know Carmella? The one that was on Smackdown and got switched to RAW."

Bonez blinked a few times, then laughed. "So, does that mean I can hide a body?"

"No Bonez, we aren't going to hide a body." I said in a warning tone.

"But why not?" I gave Bonez a mom look, causing them to sigh with defeat. "You're no fun."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nikki move. I looked over at her to see if she saw anyone. "Incoming, guys!" She whispered in a loud tone that echoed through the locker room. She walked in and sat beside me to act like we were having a conversation. Rhea let go of my hands to stand nearby against a locker. She crossed her arms and looked to the floor as we heard footsteps growing closer.

Carmella and Zelina were the first two to step in. Nikki tensed up and grabbed my hand as Carmella approached us. Rhea stepped in front of me to act as protection. Carmella stopped and tried to look around Rhea. "Can I please talk to Riley."

"Riley is busy and doesn't want to talk to you. Try again never." Bonez said in a threatening tone.

"Guys, it's fine." I stood up and put my hand on Rhea's shoulder. I moved her so she's behind me. "What do you want, Carmella?"

She sighed and nervously played with a strand of her hair. "I broke up with Taylor."

"What?" Nikki, Bonez, Rhea and I said in unison.