ˣ.⁹it has begun

Start from the beginning

That whole three hours of fighting was her not wanting to cry. Wanting to be strong. She took the anger and sadness onto those bots, at least fifty of them now laying scattered around the room in piles.

She couldn't fight them anymore, the tears. They all strolled down her cheeks quickly, as if it was a waterfall. Loud sobs escaped her mouth, the girl looking up. Her sweaty hair fell behind her as she looked up, another cry escaping.

She looked so... defeated.

Her heart couldn't feel anything but pain, sorrow and sadness. As much as she wanted to be glad about their success on retrieving the stones, she couldn't, as the only thing on her mind right now was the thought of her aunt never returning back.

Another painful cry left her mouth, the girl not even bothering to stop them.

A soft knock was heard at the door, however Athena paid no mind to it. Tony entered the room, walking towards his niece. The man winced slightly, seeing the piles of broken bots inside the room.

Tony didn't say anything once he made it to her. He just kneeled down, pulling her to his side as he embraced her. Athena just cried, letting it all out as Tony comforted her. As Athena began to calm down, Tony patter her back softly.

"You've got it. You're alright Fi..." The Stark whispered to her.

"It hurts. My heart hurts." Athena stated shakily.

"And it will for a while. But eventually, it'll go away." Tony told her in a calming way. "You were like this five years ago, remember?"

Athena nodded shakily.

"And as much as we know that we can't get her back, we just have to live on with that fact, even if it hurts." Her Uncle explained. "Besides, we wouldn't want her sacrifice to be for nothing, right? She would be wanting us to be strong and continue our mission. We have to bring back those who were snapped away. For her. For us, and for those families who lost. We have a second chance Fi, and your Aunt Nat wouldn't want it to go to waste just because she..."

Tony trailed off, not really wanting to say the following words. But Athena could already tell what he was trying to imply. She slowly got off of him, sniffling as she wiped her tears. "Thanks, Uncle Tony."

Tony rubbed her back, standing up. He then helped her stand up as well. "Are you ready now? We have to get started on getting those stones together."

"Yeah, I just gotta take a shower first." She nodded. "You guys can start ahead, just not when you snap the stones together."

Tony returned the motion. "Alright. Make sure you get in your gear. We want to be ready in case something happens."

"Okay."

She wore her usual go-to mission clothes; the cargo pants, a skin-tight halter turtle neck top (showcasing her golden arm cuffs on her left arm), and combat boots

She wore her usual go-to mission clothes; the cargo pants, a skin-tight halter turtle neck top (showcasing her golden arm cuffs on her left arm), and combat boots. Her pants hung low on her hips, as well as the top being slightly to small for her, so her v-line and toned lower abs were exposed.