Chapter 21: You're A Ruined Man

John fought without breaking a sweat, it was shocking to watch because Shenzie could see that he was holding back. He didn't want to hurt Henry to the point that he couldn't walk or that his face would be unrecognisable. Henry seemed to notice as well, 'come on Mr. Wick, I know you've got fight in you, what's holding you back?'

'I don't want to fight you, Henry, we can sort this out without hurting each other'.

John tried to reason with the younger man but Henry was far from reasoning, 'fuck you man, I've had a good run, let's just say and it's a shame that Shenzie figured everything out'

'I'm so sorry John I-'.

'Henry set me up'.

John had been quick to understand and the coil of uneasiness died. But before she could say anything, the sound of sirens could be heard and she knew who had called them.

God bless you Julia!

'Shit! Are you fucking serious!?'

Henry snapped as he backed away into the kitchen, 'everything was fine! Everything was fine until Julia ruined everything!'

'No'.

Both John and Henry looked over at Shenzie, 'you ruined everything Henry', she whispered sharpely.

'I- I loved Billy but... I guess I loved him too much'.

Oh god.

Henry was a ruined man, he was sick and disgusting, 'I thought that if I couldn't have you then I could have him, and I was able to but he just... He wouldn't have me-'.

'He was only a fucking child Henry! He didn't deserve any of what you did to him and you know that!'

'Fuck you Shenzie!'

Before she could react, he had grabbed one of the kitchen knives and hurled it her way and she shut her eyes... But nothing happened, so she cracked one eye open to see that John had caught the long sharp knife.
The sound of police sirens were now outside the house and Shenzie knew that Henry had nowhere to go except-.
He rushed past the sofa and struggled to open the door that led out into the backyard. He was out before John could get to him. Shenzie had sprinted after him, ignoring John calling out her name. She chased after Henry, blood pumping and anger engulfing her.
Henry was fast, but she knew that he'd only hit the coast and then he'd nowhere to go. Her frusteration kicked in when her stamina began to weaken.

'Come on!'

She shrieked as she pumped her legs, urging herself to chase after Henry until she had him against the cliff sloped down to the sandy floor below. Henry had stopped dead in his tracks and turned back to Shenzie and she could see how defeated he was.

'Shen I- I'm sorry, I know you'll never forgive me and I-'.

She approached him slowly, trying her best not to lash out at him, 'you hurt this family Henry, I loved you once, but not anymore'.

'I know'.

'You're a ruined man'.

'I know'.

'You'll be locked up for quite some time'.

'Maybe'.

Shenzie stopped in her tracks, 'there will never be a maybe Henry, you're-', he lunged at her and shoved her to the ground, but this time she didn't scream or struggle. She knew that he wasn't going to hurt her, not anymore. Their eyes met for a few moments before Henry leaned down and gently kissed her. It wasn't a lovers kiss, it never would be. It was a kiss goodbye.

Henrys' way of goodbye to Shenzie.

He was up in seconds before she could do anything and he did the unthinkable, he ran towards the cliff.

And he jumped.

Shenzie screamed out to him and quickly crawled over to the edge of the edge to look down, he was going to escape and she wouldn't let that happen, he had to pay for what he had-.
She stopped herself before she could climb down.

Henry was dead... He would have survived if he hadn't of landed on the jagged branches of the hollow tree trunk below.

Henry Docker was no more.