Chapter 11: Clue Finder

Henry was dressed in the usual casual clothes that he would always wear.

'Shenzie!'

He pulled the door wider to allow her in, he noticed the Detective, 'oh... You're a Detective?'

'Detective Girth, I'm here to ask you a few questions about-'.

'No'.

Shenzie looked back at Henry, she understood why he was backing away, 'Henry, it's alright, you can talk to him, Detective Girth is only trying to help us'.
Henry seemed to hesitate before motioning for Girth to come in. It was like Henry owned Shenzie's house.

'I'm sorry to put you off Mr. Docker, I didn't mean to-'.

'It's quite alright, I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did'.

'I understand'.

They had migrated to the living room when Girth began his questions.

'I understand you're the victim's Uncle?'

'Billy's Uncle, yes'.

'What do you do for a living?'

'I work at a mining company, Chainshew Corporate, I've been there for almost ten years'.

'I'm aware that you were with the vi- Billy at the time of the disappearance-'.

'What're you saying? That I killed him!?'

Shenzie was quick to grab Henry's shoulder, 'he's not implying anything, he's just asking questions Henry, otherwise he won't be able to help'.
She noticed how Girth was analysing Henry and she hoped Henry didn't notice too.

'I was just wondering Mr. Docker'.

'I was with Billy, but I went to get some mangos because we didn't have any for the smoothie we were making, I locked the door... I locked the front door, I swear I did'.

Girth scribbled down some notes, 'that's alright, was there anything else? When you returned, Billy was gone, did you notice anything different?'

Apart from Billy being gone...

'I... Don't know, I don't remember for godsake!'

Detective Girk stopped writing, 'it's okay Mr. Docker, I'm just wondering', Shenzie squeezed Henry's shoulder, 'he knows your whereabouts Henry, you'll be fine'.

'I saw a car'.

Henry suddenly said, his voice was wavering, 'now that I think about it, it wasn't near the house, but I was turning to go into the pathway that we would usually go through and this damn car almost collided with mine. It was a black Mustang'.

The Detective scribbled down the description, 'I'm taking it you weren't able to get the license plate?'

'Oh god no, I wasn't able to, but I couldn't even see the driver as well, the windows were tinted'.

'I'm sorry to bring Max up, Ms. Docker had said that she didn't know if anyone disliked the family? Specifically Maxs?'

Henry shook his head, 'no, no one as far as I'm aware. Max would usually tell me if he felt threatened'.

'He never approached you then?'

'Not anytime around then, when we were younger you know, the youngsters get into fights and all that'.

The rest of the moment was a complete blur for Shenzie, the questions brought 4 years back to her but she knew that she had to keep herself together, she had to try and help, otherwise the killer will never be caught.

+

A black car... A Mustang coming from their area in Mill Neck.
Shenzie sat in silence, the Detective had long since left and Henry had retired to his room, clearly agitated.

It's not nice to be reminded of what happened.

'Shen?'

She jumped when she heard Henry's voice suddenly, 'Jesus Henry! Don't do that!'

'Sorry'.

She noticed the concern in his eyes, 'what's wrong? Couldn't sleep?' She asked and she nodded, 'I forgot to ask you but... What about John?'

'What about him?'

'Did the Detective say that he was going to interrogate him?'

'Yeah, he's talking to everyone in Mill Neck, so he's not going to miss John'.

'Ah, right'.

'Is everything alright?'

It was a stupid question but Henry didn't seem to care, 'I know this is gonna sound bad but... Now that I remember... I think John owned a black Mustang-'.

No, no no he's not going to pin this on John.

'Maybe it was him who-'.

'Henry, don't'.

She didn't want to hear anymore, she didn't know if it was John and Henry wasn't so sure if it was the car, it had been 4 years, he could be wrong.

But you weren't there, you don't know anything.