Chapter 12: New Information

More information was released.

Billy's death was caused by a broken neck due to strangulation.
Hearing that information had made Shenzie sick to the bone. Billy was murdered 4 years ago.

'Shenzie?'

She stopped daydreaming and turned her attention on John, 'you've been quite out of it', he hadn't heard of the new information.

'They found out how Billy was killed'.

John froze, 'Shen, you don't have to-'.

'His neck broke whilst he was being strangled'.

Shenzie couldn't cry, but she could feel her eyes hurting. John wrapped his arms around her gently, 'I'm sorry Shen, I really am'.

'Henry had gone to the shops to get some mangos, he was making a smoothie with Billy'.

If only Henry hadn't left.

'He didn't mean to leave, Shen'.

'I know but... If only he didn't leave'

John kissed her forehead, 'what do you say, we go for a ride, probably not towards the coast, we could go into town?'
She needed to get out and get some fresh air, 'we can... If you don't mind'.

'Shen, I wouldn't ask if I did mind'.

He'd activated a little screen and Shenzie watched as a camera came to life, 'my own custom camera'.

'That's very sm-'.

She stopped when she saw the car.

Black Mustang.

Henry had mentioned a black Mustang that night, the one that almost collided with him. John seemed to notice her silence, 'you okay?'

'Hmm?'

'You're zoning out again, you okay?'

'Oh yeah, I'm fine! That's a really nice Mustang!'

'Oh you know your cars, come on I'll give you a ride in it'.

No, I don't want to.

'Alright'.

He unlocked the car and opened the passenger side door and she slid in without any problems.
John slid in into the driver seat and started the car up, the engine was loud and Shenzie had to admit, she was impressed, if only it wasn't the one that Henry had seen.

Why was John out at that time?

The car was comfy with a smooth ride, 'looks like I'll need to get my hat' she mumbled and John chuckled, 'we going past yours, we can drop by'.
He had done just that, but Shenzie noticed Detective Girth standing with Henry, when John had parked the car. They both hopped out, John had already met Girth, 'Detective Girth? It's nice to see you again, asking more questions?'

'Actually, yes, I'm hoping to ask you a couple of questions'.

'Go right a head'.

'How long have you had that Mustang for?'

'About 6 years'.

'Did you remember on June the 18th your whereabouts?'

John seemed a little confused, 'I'm not so sure, it was quite some time ago-'.

'A car was seen driving quite fast out of the area around the time that Billy had vanished'.

'Right?'

'A black Mustang'.

John looked back at the car, 'I can't remember going out that time, but if I did, then I went out, but I wasn't driving like a mad man'.

Girth hummed, 'you didn't almost hit Mr. Docker here? When he was turning down the lane leading towards this area?'

'I never saw anyone, as far as I could remember'.

'So you, you know you went out that night then, but you don't recall seeing Mr. Docker's car?'

John looked over to Henry and Shenzie could sense a growing hostility between the two men.

'Like I said before, if I went out, but I didn't see Mr. Dockers' car'.

Shenzie tapped her fingers on the car door, 'I'm sorry to intrude, but is this something we need to discuss inside? Because John and I were actually dropping by so that I could grab my hat, we're heading into town'.

'You're not thinking of leaving the town?'

Girth suddenly asked and Shenzie was quick to answer, 'no, we're just getting some air, there's no need for us to leave'.

The Detective nodded before putting his notepad away, 'thank you for your time Mr. Wick, and sorry about that, I've just received new information so I'm just going over some loose ends'.

'Yeah, no worries'.

Shenzie cleared her throat and grabbed Henry's attention, 'hey Henry, are you able to grab my hat from inside?'
Henry tore his gaze away from John and heading into the house for a few moments before returning with her round hat.

'Be safe Shenzie'.

He whispered before saying goodbye.

John looked agitated and Shenzie was beginning to grow increasingly concerned, 'John, are you okay? I'm sorry you had to deal with Detective Girth'.

'It's alright, it's not like you had anything to do with it Shen'.

He smiled gently as she drove the car into town.