Chapter 15: Tell Me The Truth

Shenzie had invited herself over, she had spoken to Girth straight away. Shenzie wanted to talk to John first, she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Of course John was quite surprised to see Shenzie, because she would usually let him know when she was coming over. But this was out of the blue.

'Are you okay?'

'Can I talk to you?'

'Sure'.

Shenzie stormed past him, 'are you sure you're okay?' She ignored him and made her way into the bedroom.

'Shenzie, what're you doi-'.

She pointed at the jewellery box, 'open it', she demanded and John hesitated, 'what're you doing?'

'You heard me John'.

'Did you open-'.

'That doesn't matter'.

She moved out of the way, 'how about you open it', she motioned sharply at John who slowly made his way past her and to the boxer, he looked nervous. He picked up the box and opened it, and she heard an audible what?

'Wanna start explaining to me?'

'I- I don't know what you're talking abo-'.

'You know exactly what I'm talking about John!'

'Wait I- I don't understand, this isn't mi-'.

'How did you get my sons necklace? You told me you didn't want to open it, you didn't want me to open it because I would recognise it'.

'No! That's not why! This is Helen's things! These are the things she loved the most and I never open it because she always kept them in here I- I don't know how Billy's neck-'.

'Don't fucking lie to me John, you saw Billy you hurt him! And then you took his necklace as some kind of trophy?!'

John almost dropped the jewellery box, his eyes grew wide, clearly in shock with what Shenzie was saying, 'Shenzie, please! I never touched Billy, I was never-'.

'Henry was telling the truth then, you were there that night, in your black Mustang, you managed to get into the house, Henry said that he locked the front door, but he always forgets to check the back door. You nearly drove into Henry that night as well and-'.

Tears fell from her eyes as she backed away in fear, 'you-you had Billy in your car, you killed him, you strangled and broke his neck, then you went down to the coast and-'.
This time John did drop the jewellery box, 'Shenzie that's enough! I never did any of those things, who-who told-'.
Henry stepped into the bedroom, he towered over Shenzie, his eyes had grown dark with anger.

'You fucking killed my nephew'.

His voice low and laced with anger, and John glared at him, 'I didn't kill Billy, I never went to the ho-'.
Henry wasn't alone, Detective Girth and an officer had entered the room as well.

'Come on John'.

Girth said and Shenzie saw the officer pull out some handcuffs.
She couldn't hear anything, but she could still see what was happening around her. She watched as John tried to approach her, he tried to tell her that everything was a lie and that he was innocent, but Henry was quick to shove him back. They fought each other, until both Henry and the officer were able to hold John down whilst Detective Girth put the handcuffs on him.
Shenzie had come to her senses, Johns' voice broke through to her.

'Shenzie! Please! I-I never hurt Billy, I never went to your house! I don't know how the necklace got in there, I swear!'

But she ignored his voice, she looked away from him, not wanting to look into his eyes for the last time.