Chapter 20: It Can't Be True

She leaned against the doorframe, Henry hadn't moved from his spot. He was frozen stiff and sure as hell nervous.

'What do you mean, recap?'

'You needed to get more mangos... Why? I know you had plenty'.

'Shenzie I-'.

'You never left the house did you?'

'Shen what-'.

'The black Mustang was never there... There was no supposed crash, was there? You eventually did leave the house later to dump my son'.

Henry had stayed silent, he was listening, 'Billy always wore this necklace that he had made... He wasn't wearing it when the body was found, and it would've been hard for it to break off because of the way he was dumped', she shook her head, 'when the search party gathered at Johns', you were there for sure, a few people were there as well, and you saw Johns' car.

Henry was had risen to his feet this time and Shenzie's heart was pounding against her chest, 'I'm only assuming this, but I'd say I'm right, but you planted Billy's necklace in John house, specifically that jewellery box'.

'How the hell would I-'.

'The search party had gathered in John's house that night, so you had a chance, you had enough time to plant the evidence'.

Shenzie seemed to have covered everything, 'am I wrong?' She added and Henry stared at her for a few moments before he sighed and sat on the bed.

'Max picked the right woman to marry, that's for sure'.

He shook his head, 'look, I never meant to hurt Billy alright, but you have to admit, he was a little brat-'.

'Henry!'

Shenzie couldn't believe what she was hearing, especially from Henry, who sat up quickly, 'don't act so surprised, you know I'm right, he was an ungratef-'.

'How could you say that Henry!?'

She slowly backed away from him, backing out into the hallway. Henry moved from the bed and followed her out, 'he was fun to mess around with as well'.

'Henry I-'.

'You're quite the detective Shen, now I know why Max fell in love with you. You're smart, beautiful, confident and a fucking bitch at the same time'.

He followed her out into the hallway, 'you're right, I never left the house ealier on to get mangos, I was still with Billy... The damn kid wouldn't stop moving so I-', he made an wringing hand gesture and Shenzie wanted to vomit, 'it was quite easy to kill him though I didn't expect to break his neck, that was an accident', he then lifted his wrist up to show the scar, 'and I guess you've already figured out that it wasn't a dog that bit me'.

'You're so disgusting Henry, you even touched Billy, what the fuck was going through your mind when you were doing all of thart? You need professional help!'

'Yeah I touched him, pure bliss is what I felt, but the little shit didn't want me and we got in a tussel, I had to give it to him, Billy was a pretty strong kid when he wanted to be'.

Shenzie and Henry had migrated out into the living room, the tv was blaring in the background, 'I may as well tell you everything hey? We've gone this far', he moved over to the kitchen counter to lean on it.

'I touched him, he didn't like it and we had a fight, I tore his necklace off during the struggle, he then bit me and then I killed him in anger. I put him in the trunk of my car, drove all the way down to the coast and shoved him into that goddamn tree trunk and then went back to the house and you know, acted out the whole thing about him going missing'.

He shrugged, 'does that sound about right to you?'

Shenzie's blood ran cold, 'and the search parties-', he scoffed, 'oh I planned that on the spot'.

'Billy said that you and John had an argument'.

'Oh yeah, John and I had a disagreement, to be honest I can't remember shit about what it was about'.

'The necklace?'

'When John opened his house up for the search party, it was really  a last minute thing, I decided to plant the necklace somewhere, anywhere, I guess I got lucky with where I hid it'.

John was innocent, he was an innocent man and she was too blind with rage to see it.

'Oh god'.

She had been living with the man who had killed her own son... Henry had killed Billy, his own nephew. Shenzie knew that she couldn't get out, not when Henry was standing in the way of the front door.

'You know... Max was starting to wonder as well'.

'No, you didn't-'.

'He accidently swerved off the road... It was a shame'.

'No I- you didn't kill Max, you couldn't have!'

Henry shrugged, 'believe what you want, it's not like you'll be able to tell anyone anyway', Shenzies' heart began to race as she realised what he was implying, 'Henry please, you don't have to do this, I'll- I'll keep quiet, I swear!'

'You keep quiet and I can have you?'

'What!?'

Henry stood up to his full height, he toward over her, just like John, 'I said, you keep quiet and I can have you'.

'No!'

Before she could say anything else, Henry was on her, his large frame slamming into hers, knocking her over and onto the sofa, 'Henry no! Please, don't do this!'

'Shut up!'

He pushed his upper body down on her and began to work on her pants, 'STOP!' She screamed out but Henry laughed, 'no one's here honey, so you may as well enjoy it!' 

He was so close... So close to raping her, until Henry was pulled off from her. He struggled against strong arms. Shenzie gathered herself and looked up to see who else had joined them, 'John!' She yelled as she watched him restrain Henry, 'get the fuck off of me you asshole!' Henry twisted his body out of John's grip, striking John across the chest quickly. 
The two men fought and Shenzie watched in horror.