Chapter 2: Ms Docker

'Jesus'.

She threw her jacket onto the couch and grabbed the leftovers from last night out of the fridge.

Good old Chinese.

She cooked most of the time, but last night she had hit a real low. Julia had called her last night to see how she was. Shenzie tried her best to keep in contact with her sister, but Julia had her own family to look after, which caused a small rift between her and Julia, but a rift that wasn't too big to cut ties.
Shenzie had slowly begun to repair her relationship with Julia, though it was hard. Julia lived in Mill Neck as well as Shenzie, but it was still a drive. There was someone else who lived in Mill Neck and he lived much closer to him. Shenzie had bumped into him a few times, but enough to describe him.

John Wick was a tall man, with dark jaw length hair and a well cut beard. He dressed mainly in dark clothing and was quiet. He own a pitbull named... Dog and he rarely went out, well that was what Shenzie had assumed, she was still working and she also wasn't spying on him. He just didn't seem like the type of person to go out and socialize, not saying that she was any better than him.
She would say hello to him every now and then, and John was a very polite man, so polite that it even scared her.
She jumped when her mobile went off, she was quick to answer, quite surprised that she heard Henry's voice.

'Julia? How're you?'

'I'm good, what about you? You don't call that often'.

'No, I know, but I was just seeing how you are, I'm actually doing some business in town, so I thought if you were up to it, maybe we could catch up, it's been a while'.

Maybe not right now but she knew that she needed to get out and spend some time with someone, 'that sounds great Henry, but when did you want to catch up, I just got home so I'm a little tired'.

'Oh definetley not now, maybe tomorrow evening?'

'I'll see what I can do, I'll give you a buzz to let you know?'

'Yeah, sounds good... Look, I really hope you're okay'.

Shenzie smiled, Henry couldn't see but he didn't have to, 'I'm doing better now Henry, thank you'.

'Right... Well let me know tomorrow and I'll sort something out'.

'Will do'.

She remembered Henry on the night when he reported Billy missing, she remembered how hysterical he was, how he had left the house for to grab some groceries only to come back home and find that Billy had vanished. Both Shenzie and Max had been away, Shenzie with some friends and Max had a conference meeting. Henry was the one in charge.
He had stopped talking to both all of them, Shenzie herself, Max and Julia. He couldn't get over what had happened, no matter how hard Shenzie and mac had told him that it wasn't his fault. He turned his back on everyone and he too vanished for some time until the year that Max had lost his life.
Everyone had lost so much, and it hurt.

It hurt so much.

But things were supposednly coming together, Shenzie was working on fixing herself, she was even thinking of moving away from Mill Neck, try some place new, the place was beautiful, but too quiet now for her liking. Seeing Henry moved around quite often maybe he could recommend places for her to move into. That was going to be one of the conversations she would have with him, but right now? She wanted to relax, maybe watch a movie. But what was there to watch? That was always a question to her, so she would just listen to music, there wasn't much in life for her to do and she had to admit. She liked it.