Chapter Four: After school

I walked home with Cartman and looked at the ground a bit awkwardly as he opened the door to his house and slammed it behind us.

"Meeamm I'm home!" He yelled and threw his bag on the floor by his room after running upstairs then back down.

"Oh. Hello eric, oh. Who's this?" Liane asked smiling at us, as eric sighed.

"This is (y/n). Were doing a project together, and she had to come over." He said rolling his eyes.

"Oh. Well hello sweetie," she smiled as I gave a small smile back. "Hi.."

"Come on," he said walking upstairs after we got some food and brought it upstairs.
We sat on his bed and pulled out our work and sighed heavily.

"Okay. So how do we start this dumb thing anyways?" He asked groaning.

"Okay. So we read a chapter, since they're really short, one every night, and since it's due in two weeks we can each read one every night before bed and take notes, then when we finished, we can put all of our notes together on a giant poster." I said smiling as he looked a bit shocked.

"Well then. You got this whole thing down..okay" he laughed slightly as I blushed faintly and smiled.

"Oh. Heh yeah," I smiled.

"So. Um now what..? Start reading or do that tonight?" He asked.

"We could do it tonight I guess," I said yawning.

"Okay," his eyes looked into mine and I saw another faint smile from his lips.
My heart jumped.
He never smiled at a girl either.

That's twice.

"So wanna watch tv?" He asked a bit bored.

"Uh sure..if you want to.." I said shyly as he nodded and turned on the tv as he leaned on the head part of the bed and laid down and put his head on the pillows as I sat awkwardly.

"....uh s-so, thanks for the food I guess.." I said trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah sure no problem." He said a bit quickly.
I bit my lip and looked around sighing as he glanced at me.

My face flushed a light pink as I bit my lip more.
"You get nervous allot don't you." He said with a smirk.

"....yes." I said looking down hiding my now brightened blush as he stared at me.

"Why?" He asked unamused.

"I don't know.." I shrugged nervously.

"Huh. Whatever," he shrugged and turned back to the colorful tv blaring.

I sighed sadly and check my phone.
"Well I got to go... Bye Eric," I said slowly sliding off the bed as he watched me.

"Bye," he said as I frowned a bit and bit my lip again and swung the light bag over my shoulder and walked out to the front door and walked home.

'That wasn't as fun and amusing as I thought it'd be. Maybe just give it time to when we have to write things down, and actually talk and work..'
I sighed as I looked at the snow covered sidewalks sadly.

'I wish I could just tell him. But no..no he'd freak out way to much. He tenses up even if I say eric.'

I sighed again. Why couldn't things just be easy?
But life just isn't that way is it.

I opened the door slowly to my house and quickly and quietly shut it behind me and ran up to my room before my dad gave a small smile to me as I started at him then slowly returned it and went up to my room and sighed pulling out my book.
It had been around dinner time again and I wasn't feeling the need to eat so I just smacked on a bag of pretzels while I read the projects book as I texted Cartman.