088. ꕥ Opposing Sides

Start bij het begin

As we got closer to the main gate, I saw many people from Farm Standing around with guns in their hands. Then I saw a familiar person that stood with Farm Station, and I couldn't believe my eyes. What the hell was Bellamy doing standing there armed with Farm Station? I then caught sight of Lincoln, who held a Farm Station man named Lacroix at knifepoint.

The guards with us held up their guns and cocked them as they pointed them at the crowd that had formed. I walked side by side with Kane as a path was made that gave us a direct view of Lincoln, Pike and, Bellamy.

"Calm down, people. Farm Station. Guns on the ground. On the ground." Pike called as we approached them. Farm Starion did as told and put their guns on the ground.

"Lincoln, it's alright. Let him go." Said Kane, and that's exactly what Lincoln did. I wasn't a hundred percent sure what was going on, but I knew Lincoln had no real intention of hurting anybody unless they deserved it.

"What the hell do you think you're going?" Abby questioned Pike.

"What you didn't have the guts to." Pike stated.

I followed Kane up to where he stood in front of Bellamy, and I could tell he was desperately trying to avoid meeting my eyes. As I stared at the side of his face, Kane asked quietly, "Did you arm these people?"

Bellamy didn't answer, but that was enough of an answer to know that he did arm these people. Which meant he helped Pike do something, what that something was I couldn't tell you, not to mention that meant Bellamy had committed treason.

"Guards, take them to lock-up. Now." I faintly heard Abby say. Guards came and took hold of Bellamy and put his hands behind his back before restraining him. My eyes kept looking up and down Bellamy in disbelief that he would do something like this. The Bellamy I was looking at now wasn't the Bellamy I knew. My eyes eventually detached from him when Abby called out to the crowd, "Everybody, back to your quarters. It's over."

"Nothing is over." Pike rebutted as he made the guards trying to lead him away stop. "We are surrounded by warriors who want us dead."

"That's enough!" Kane shouted, taking steps closer to Pike.

"No, it isn't. Not even close." Pike shook his head which had me wanting to hit something. "Why don't you show us all what you let the Grounders do to you yesterday? Come on, Kane. I think that the people who are about to vote for you have a right to know."

I knew what he was talking about — the brand on Kane's arm. I also knew that he would try to twist that being a part of the coalition was a bad thing.

Kane looked around at the crowd as murmurs to show them were heard. He looked once to Abby and me before holding up his right arm, displaying the coalition brand. "It's the mark of the Commander's coalition. It means we are the thirteenth clan. It means that we are in this fight together."

"No." Pike deadpanned. "It's what farmers used to do to their livestock."

"Right before the slaughterhouse!" Hannah's voice was heard.

Murmurs coming from the crowd were now saying that Pike should be Chancellor, and I couldn't explain how much I hated that. My jaw was clenched in shock as I looked around at the crowd. Right now, he's manipulating these people to think that his ideology was the right one.