37. Babydaddy

Milos POV
We eventually arrived at her parents house and I helped her out of the car and we walked inside.
Tea dragged me across the room as I saw Lara and Bojan. Lara threw herself at Teodora and my jaw tensed.

"Lara, be careful of our baby please."

"Yeah yeah" she said with a ignorant tone, I wanted to snap her neck on the spot but then I felt a tiny familiar hand on my arm and immediately relaxed.
I shook his hand as I said

"Crazy couple of weeks."

"No joke. I can't even imagine I'm going to be a father."
I smiled as I patted him on his back.

"Me neither brate."

My parents made their way towards us and we greeted them and talked for a bit. All of the sudden I saw him. Harry in the middle of the crowd.
I looked at my father as I stiffened.
He looked at Bojan and they both walked towards me. "I know I made sure no one invited him." My dad said.

"What's happening" T asked.

"Stay here with Lara and our mothers. I'll explain everything later." I said.
We started walking towards him as I threw him a disgusting look.

"What the fuck are you doing here and how dare you even show your face here."

"We'll hello to you to Milos." He said as he chuckled.

"I don't think I've introduced you to my baby mama." He said smiling while I saw Camille walking towards him. He snaked his arm around her, kissed her and she smiled weakly. Immediately as she saw me regretting everything.

"What is the meaning of this." My father asked.

"I'd protect what you have instead of standing here chatting with me."

"Is that a threat." I asked while my jaw tensed and I gritted my teeth. Ready to bash this guys brain in.

"Of course not." he said smiling.
I turned around and headed back to Teodora.

"I need you to go with Bojan, okay?" I said stress unavoidably in my voice.

"Where are you going?" she said.

"You're not safe here okay?"

"GUN" someone screamed as a full covered black man came in sight aiming a gun towards Teodora. I quickly made my way to stand I front of her and pulled her behind me as the shot went of hitting me right in the stomach. I started to fall as I heard Tea scream "PLEASE, HELP, MILOS HAS BEEN SHOT"

The only thing I could focus on was how beautiful she was and that our baby boy probably would look exactly like her.

"I-I love you" I whispered.

"No no no no, please hold on baby, hold on." she said as she kissed me and I kissed her back.
Soon my eyes fluttered shut but I heard a bunch of people beside me. My father and Bojan voice urging me to hold on a little longer. And then I heard my mother and Teodora scream as I went unconscious.

Teodoras POV
A week went by. And still no sign of him waking up. We were all by his side every day. Telling him about the stuff that's happening in the world. And I keep telling him about our baby.

"I know we agreed on Leon as a name but I need you to wake up baby." I said.
Still nothing.
Dejan entered the room as he walked up to the bed.

"Hi." he said. Not able to look at me.

"Hello. You have to talk to him, okay? I'll be right back I just have to go home and take a shower."

He nodded as I stepped out of the room.
I didn't allow myself crying with Milos. I didn't want him to hear it and be able to do nothing in case he heard me.
I showered put in some fresh clothes and went back.
As soon as I stepped inside of the room Dejan left.
I wonder what's up with him.
My in-laws came to visit all the time.

"So how's our grandson?" Milica asked.

"Oh he's fine, just tired." I said, on the verge of tears. She was about to hug me as I pulled my hand up to stop her.

"Not here, not in-front of him. We have to be strong." I said as i pointed at Milos.

Another 5 weeks passed and still nothing.
I was 38 weeks pregnant, almost due.
I everyday held his hand and told him

"Please baby. Wake up. The due dates soon. And I need you by my side."

Nothing. I kissed him goodbye before I headed for the door. The hospital reception called me a cab that immediately drove me to my parents.

As soon as I walked through the front door Lara hugged me.
"How is he, how are you? How's the baby?"
I nonchalantly told her everything was okay with us and that I was tired before I headed towards my old bedroom.
Crying myself to sleep once more.

Morning couldn't have come fast enough. These couple of weeks I had trouble sleeping so I just laid in bed every morning until it was time to get up.

7.15. A couple of minutes more I thought before I heard a knock.

"Hey." A voice said that u recognized.

"Oh. Hey Dejan." I sad as I sat up.

"How's my nephew doing?"

"Oh he's fine."

"You know.. if there is anything I can help you with. Don't be afraid to ask. Anything."
I nodded.

"If.. I mean in case he doesn't wake up. What's your plan?"
My head snapped at him and my eyes narrowed. "What do you mean don't wake up?"

"Yeah I mean. About the baby and everything."
I knew he would wake up. He had too. My eyes watered and I had to look away not wanting to let him see me cry.

"You know I'll always be here. In every way. Like a father... a husband... if you'd like..." he said as he tried to grab a hold on my hand.

I quickly pulled away while looking confused at him. "Thank you Dejan. Really, for everything. But we are friends. And I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but we won't ever be more."

He smiled while he nodded his head then kissed my temple and walked out. I couldn't describe the horrible feeling I had in my gut but I quickly ignored it.

_______________
God... I hope he wakes up soon.
/B