"Keep in mind, you will be kept in the palace until either you fail, or your mission is completed. The King and Queen will be in control of your stay, not Prince Percy. So, do not be afraid of being sent home." General Hedge then clasps his and my hands together and says in a low voice. "I am proud of you girl. Now, go, you must pack. Thalia and Jason are being given every detail as we speak. Good luck."

Applause from all around. I think I'm going to be sick. 

He releases me and I step off the stage, making my way to the back as he now gives out the rest of the missions. I still am in shock of what I just got myself into. In merely two seconds my life has now changed forever. I will either fail and lose my position as a spy or I will be given dangerous missions from then on. 

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be sick. Where's a bucket, or a can, or Luke, or the bathroom? Something to puke on. 

Travis and Katie grab my hands and pull me into our section, down the hall. I step into our mini room where Connor, Jason, Leo, and Thalia all fret over the paperwork.

"We have all been given jobs to assist you. Some at the palace, others here," Katie says frantically.

"We were all given jobs close to you, but not overly obvious if anyone were to try to figure you out," Thalia explains.

I sit in the chair as Thalia begins scribbling her chicken scratch on the blackboard. As she writes, she adds, "Due to the annoying service of letters, we all have direct access to the express service used by the royal family. Which means, whether you are back here like me or in the palace like Katie, you will be able to contact Annabeth. Worst comes to worst, we have guards of ours there too – serving as palace guards – and they have a certain crest on their uniform that will tell you that it is one of ours. These guards will serve many purposes, including information givers from you to the King and Queen themselves. These guards are sworn to protect all of you, especially Annabeth and the royal family, but no one else. Therefore, if any of the girls were to order them to escort them to the opera house outside the palace in the carriage, you can override them, and they'll listen to you."

I look over what Thalia wrote, my head spinning:

Jason: Server in the kitchen

Katie: Maid

Thalia: Information giver

Leo: Stable boy

Connor & Travis: Guards

"Most of you were not given the duty of a guard, even though you are all trained to fight better than one, we do not want to make it obvious and hiding you all in plain, the low position of the castle's sight. No one will spare you a glance," Thalia finishes, sitting back down. 

"How can someone not look at me though?" Leo asks. Thalia ignores him. 

"I am one of the three maids, will the other two cause any troubles? As I am sure our private conversations and planning will occur in her suite," Katie says, folding her hands together.

Jason nods, "The two other maids are from the palace who will have better insight on the workings there. They are also aware of all of this and are well trained themselves, both for being a maid and a spy."

Thalia slaps a hand to her forehead, "Oh, I almost forgot. That wouldn't have been good." She jogs out of the room. I sit in the silence as everyone continues writing things.

"Will I have you guys to count on to lighten the mood?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"Definitely." Leo smiles mischievously.

"Need a break from girl drama? Come to us." Connor winks.

"All of us," Jason corrects him, giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"And I'll make sure your suite is a safe place," Katie says.

"Thank goodness, I have a feeling I'll be collapsing in posture and relief upon reaching my suite," I sigh at the thought of everything that is coming up. I rub my temples, a headache forming. Adding, I say, "Also, does this mean I can't wear pants?"

"A proper lady does not wear pants in the palace or of higher classes, especially in the sight of royalty," Katie says, her back straightening. 

I blow out a breath.

Thalia finally runs into the room. In heavy breaths, she explains, "The King and Queen gave me this folder of top confidential documents that give you all their summarized information on each person in the palace, the history and what they know of the northern rebels and any other cases that have attempted this mission in the past."

My mind clings onto the word attempted, praying I will not be one of them in the future.

She hands me them and I grip the medium thick folder in my hands. The folder is a hardcover with a couple of locks to open. Leo quickly hands me the key I've been told of and I unlock each with satisfying clicks. Clearing my throat, I scan my eyes over the documents.

"Okay, perfect."

The afternoon continues with overloading information and planning, along with me rushing to my mini apartment in the base to pack. Running my hands over the spines of my books, I select a few that'll get me through this mess.

After grabbing a journal and a couple of sentimental things, I close my suitcase with an exhale. 

Have a great day/night wherever you are! - The Fangirl