◑ Kazutora // Deprived of love ◐

Gotta love having a dysfunctional family am I right

ANywAY-

Also if I'm being honest, writing these stories is almost the only thing I'm motivated to do now

Warnings: spoiler (??) For Bonten future (chapter 193), ✨dysfUnctional family✨

Fem reader

---

Y/N was walking down the streets of the neighborhood. It was actually quite calm and not many people were out that day. Though to be fair, it was around the time many adults left for work, and students had school.

I should start looking for another job

Y/N thought to herself, looking at the different stores, hoping to see a hiring sign. She let out a sigh as she thought about her 2 current jobs.

"We should go to the cafe again like old times!"

A voice from up ahead said to someone else. Y/N looked up to see 2 females chatting and laughing with one another. Without them noticing, the h/c haired girl admired them and smiled to herself at the sight. She continued on her way to, well, she actually didn't know where she was headed. She just wanted an excuse to leave the house since she didn't work until 6.

Y/N was about to pass by another shop, but something inside caught her attention. She stared through the window and saw 2 men standing behind a counter, having a conversation and laughing with each other. Once again, a smile creeped onto the female's lips. She observed the inside of the shop a bit, before looking up at the name board.

XJ ランド

The sign read. She then realized it was a pet shop! Y/N always had a liking for cats, but she couldn't afford to have one of her own. With joy, she walked back to the door and walked in. The bell above the door attracted the attention of the 2 males and they quickly snapped their heads to the door. Y/N nervously waved to them and walked up to the counter.

"Good morning miss. How can we help you?"

The short black haired male greeted with a warm smile. Y/N was silent for a moment. She walked in on impulse.

"Hi u-uhm,, I was wondering if you had any cats here?"

She asked meekly, fiddling nervously with her fingers.

"Yes we do! Are you looking to adopt?"

The black haired male asked as his face lit up in excitement. Y/N felt bad that she wasn't there to adopt, she simply wanted to play with the cats since she couldn't own one.

"O-oh no, I'm sorry.. I just wanted to play with them, if that's ok.."

Y/N rubbed her arm, feeling guilty that she got his hopes up. The male and his colleague were visibly disappointed, but the male with long black hair and yellow stripes smiled and walked out from behind the counter.

"Of course. Stay as long as you'd like"

He replied, motioning for her to follow him. She obliged and walked behind him, along with the short haired male. The make with a ponytail opened a door that led to another room with clear windows.

"This is one of our cat rooms. Today, Rin and Izumi are in here"

The short haired male said, walking in and over to the cat stand where 2 cats rested on it. He pet the top of their heads and smiled. Y/N hesitantly walked in as well and approached the felines. She stared at them in awe, before gently stroking the black furred cat's head.

"That one's Izumi. She's a sweet heart"

The short haired male said. Y/N smiled as she continued to pet Izumi's head. She thought to herself for a moment, and felt a pang of sadness strike.