Grief is a funny thing

Start from the beginning

The door bell rings breaking the little world we had created for a few minutes. Jade went to go open the door while the twins slid back down to start a new game. "Mama?" Alex asks lookin up at me. "Yes princess?" "Tan we play go fish?"

"Of course, but you got to pick up Hungry Hippos first. I'll go get the cards after you clean up okay?" Madi and Alex start cleaning up their game slowly. Once it was cleaned up they hand me the game. I smile taking the game walking to the closet putting it away and grab the cards. "Here you go my girls." Madi takes the cards heading to their little table.

Jade was still at the door. I head to the front door to see her talking to someone at the door. I don't recognize the person who was at the door. "Hello." I state softly getting both of their attentions. "Oh Lizzie meet Tommy Cross."

The man in front of me waves does a little wave. "Your sister said that you got tickets to the game tonight." Tommy looks back at Jade. "Yep, the normal tickets my family sits in." "Cool, so I was wondering if you and your family wants to do the ceremonial puck drop before the game?"

Jade turns to me, "would you want to do that?" "What does that entail?" I ask needing more information then they were giving me. "Basically we would be going on the ice and dropping a puck for the game before the game starts."

"You want me... girl who grew up in LA to walk on ice?" Jade lets out a soft laugh, "you would walk on a carpet that is laid out on the ice. Plus, I'd catch you if you'd fall."

I narrow my eyes at her, "you would full on let me fall then laugh before picking me up." I point out. She gasps in horror, "I would not. I'm hurt that you would even insinuate that."

"I'm just stating the truth babe. But if we are talking honestly, I would do the same." I tease with a smile. "How rude." She huffs out with a pout. "Well?" Tommy clears his throat reminding us that he was there. My face turns a shade of red as well does Jade's. "Lizzie?"

"I'm sure the girls would love it. Sure, why not."

"Cool. I'll go let the everyone know." "Wait, don't tell Greco that we will be there." "Got it. See you later." Tommy heads down the pathway back to his car. Jade closes the door as I raise an eyebrow. "Right, so my sister works for the Thunderbirds right, and she mentioned in passing that her sister, me, was married to a famous actress, Greco didn't believe her. So, she showed a picture of us with our wedding party at our wedding and he finally believed her and started freaking out because he's a huge fan of yours. I might want to make him flip out at the game later when he hears Elizabeth Olsen go through the speakers as we walk out to the puck drop."

"You like to make people sweat don't you?" I tease leaning into my wife. "I do." She presses a kiss to my forehead. "Oh yeah, this New Years Eve, I'm taking you out on a date."

"Do I get a say in this date?" I ask raising my eyebrows at her as she sweeps down and capture's my hand in hers. "Nope. My parents will be watching the kids for the whole two days, New Years Eve and Day are ours."

"You planning on staying out all night?" I ask as we walk back into the living room where the girls are. "Not telling you anything." She smirks pressing a kiss to my nose, "just know you will love it."

"Mommy?" Alex looks up at Jade tilting her head to the side, "yes princess?"

Alex puts her cards down and crawls onto the couch sitting down next to Jade. "I miss greaf grandpie." Jade sniffles slightly with a nod. "I miss him too princess." Jade's voice broke as she spoke, we haven't been back to her hometown since his funeral. "I miss him too." Madi whispers crawling up onto Jade's lap. We've been in her hometown for a couple days now and by this standard we've already visited her grandpa, the girls know that he is in the special place. "He loved you girls so much." Jade whispers pressing a kiss to the twins heads.