Run Boy Run

Jade's POV

July 17, 2014

Today we are filming part of the big fight scene against Ultron. It's also the unfortunate day that Pietro dies.

Lizzie had to head to set earlier this morning to get ready for the day. Her makeup and hair was going to take longer due to the fact that she now had to worry about putting cuts and bruises on her face and body.

"Jade." Paul greeted me as I walk onto set. "Hey Bettany." I smile back looking at him. "Doesn't matter how many days I see you in red. It still looks weird." I shake my head.

I feel someone wrap an arm around my shoulder. I look to my left to see RDJ. "I say the same thing to him all the time. He looks like a red popsicle."

Now that RDJ has mentioned that I can't unsee it. I let out a small laugh. "He's not wrong Bettany."

Paul narrows his eyes playfully at us giving a small laugh. "You two are right." He smiles patting my shoulder.

"Robert you need to go get hair and makeup done." I hear Joss' voice and my mind freezes. Bettany notices my posture change. I only know that he did because he gave me a weird look.

"I need to go help with camera set up. Bye Robert, bye popsicle man." I call over my shoulder quickly making my way away from Joss Whedon.

Trevor smiles when he sees me. "Jade!" He waves me over. "We got a small situation." He mentions. My mind immediately goes into work mode. "What's wrong?"

"Camera B is acting up and not focusing correctly." He states slightly panicked. That's because he has every right to be. Camera B was the camera to shoot the flying patterns of Iron Man. If we don't get them today it could put us behind schedule.

"Here let me take a look." I hopped up on the dolly getting to work on seeing if anything was systematically wrong. I didn't notice anything. I get off the dolly. "Trevor point it down towards me."

Trevor hops up onto the dolly pointing the lens down to me on the ground. I look at the lens noticing that last night someone must have not zoomed out all the way making it stuck. There also happened to be a sheer line of dust on it. Meaning no one cleaned it after yesterday last fight scene.

"Hand me a lens cleaner." I look at Trevor. He quickly goes through a camera bag next to the dolly finding the camera lens cleaner. I clean the dust off the lens. "Okay now go into the system and hit refresh." He does as told and the camera un zooms as it turns off to refresh. When it turns back on it stays un zoomed.

"Someone didn't clean or turn it off correctly last night." I explain as he nods getting off the dolly.

We both finish setting up the cameras for the first shot of the day. Which was Wanda after the Wanda Hawkeye talk in the building.

I smile when I see Lizzie getting all set up and ready waiting for her cue to start acting. I feel a presence next to me. "Scar?"

Scarlett groans knowing she could scare me. "Damn it. How are you good at that?"

I give her a soft laugh looking in her direction. "Easy. I was a three sport athlete in high school and a two sport college athlete. I think I know when someone is coming up behind me." I smirk shaking my head. "Plus I spent three years scaring the heck out of my best friend through out college. I learned how to sneak up on someone and which means I know when someone is sneaking up on me."

I notice Joss walk over to his spot to direct the scene. "Watch my back?" I ask carefully. She knows about the whole thing. She came over to my hotel one night to ask about it when she knew Lizzie was running lines with Renner.