Grief is a funny thing

Don't play the video up here until I tell you too, and be prepared to cry. I know y'all cried for 'He's what?' and you will cry for this. And y'all will here my voice for the first time... anyway onto the story.

December 20, 2019

Lizzie's POV

"Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie." I groan hearing my wife call me multiple times. We had just put the kids down for their must needed naps, and Madi and Alex were currently entertained by playing hungry hippos in front of me.

"How are hockey players paid?" She asks sitting down next to me. "I don't know, with what?"

"With a check." She answers with a deadpan voice. I groan rolling my eyes. "That was horrible." I shake my head leaning my head onto her shoulder. "What's with the hockey dad joke?"

"My dad got us tickets to tonight's hockey game for the AHL team in the area." She smiles holding up the tickets. "And Mikayla and Zack agreed to watch Max and Alia tonight if you want to go."

"I haven't seen a hockey game since college, sure." I smile taking the tickets from her hand. "Holy crap." My eyes widen looking at the seats. "Are we really sitting that close to the ice?" "My dad gets season tickets due to his work. That is where the team gives him season tickets, so yeah, that is where we are sitting." "Awesome, what time does the game start?"

She laughs at me taking the tickets out of my hand. She points to the date on the tickets underneath the date was the game time. "Oh." "That is what time the game is." She smiles pressing a kiss to my temple placing the tickets on the tv table on next to her before sliding down onto the floor. "Can I join in your game?" She asks the girls.

Madi nods her head quickly setting up the next game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. I watch as Jade gets obliterated by the twins. "Oh come on!" She whines with a huff. "You two cheated." She jokes with them. "No, Mommy you just suck." Madi sasses sticking her tongue out. I laugh quietly as Jade turns to playfully glare at me. I stifle my laugh. "No, you must've cheated. Yes, that's what it is." Jade narrows her eyes with a smile on her face. "Do you know what cheaters get?"

Madi shakes her head. "They get the tickle monster." Jade smirks quickly turns to Madi tickling her tummy, her little laugh fills the living room.

Madi scrambles to her feet as fast as she can while still letting out giggles from Jade's tickle attack. She runs behind the couch away from Jade's attack. She pops over the top. "Mommy is too slow to get me." She taunts bringing her hands up to her head waving her hands sticking her tongue out. "Oh really?" Jade hops up to a crutch now sitting like if she were a frog ready to jump. "Mommy is old."

"Is that what you think?" "Mhm." Madi smiles brightly. Jade looks to Alex slowly stepping towards her. "Psst. Alex." Alex looks up at Jade. "Mommy?" "What do you say we get her? She can't out run both of us."

Alex tilts her head to the side as if thinking over the proposal Jade gave her. "Lexie, no!" Madi frowns making Alex glance in her direction. Jade leans over whispering something in Alex's ear which makes her eyes widen and she nods her head quickly. Madi's frown deepens thinking that Jade turned her twin against her.

"On my count Mommy." Alex grumbles out quietly a few words said a little off. She was really doing well with her speech pathologist. "One." She whispers standing up, "Two." She smiles glancing at Jade. "Fhree." She smiles running towards the couch, Jade jumping to do the same. But instead of going around the couch to Madi they jump on the couch and start tickling me.

I start squirming with laughs leaving my lips, "This is not fair." I huff out in the mix of my laughs. Madi now knowing that she wasn't the one being tickled comes around from behind the couch and starts helping her sister and Jade on their assault on me. Jade and I make eye contact having a silent conversation before she turns her tickles back towards Madi at the same time I turn to tickle Alex. Both Madi and Alex let out the softest cutest little giggles.