Autumn Afternoon

Jade's POV

((A/N: The awesome Cinematographer for The Fault in Our Stars is Ben Richardson. He gets all the credit here. I just need Jade on some movies. Again this is totally fictional.))

September 6, 2013

I have a few more days alone in my hotel without Lizzie. It's currently a Friday and we are filming the first meeting of Hazel and Gus. "Dante, here try this." I slip on a soft diffusion filter on the camera lens. "How does that look to you?"

"That looks to add a depth to the picture." Dante answers looking at Josh our director when he comes up behind us. "Definitely go with that diffusion filter. Alright people. Places!"

Everyone on set start to get ready moving around on set to their perspective places. The make-up artists we're giving last minute touch ups to Shailene.

"Quiet on set please!" Josh waits until it's completely quiet. Dante hits record as the clapboard is ready in front of the camera ready to close when Josh calls action. "First meet scene take one. Action!" The clapboard closes a second or two after Josh yells action. When it finally pulls away the scene starts.

Ansel as Gus: "I thought we were in a church basement, but apparently we were literally in the heart of Jesus."

Shailene as Hazel: "Oh yeah." She lets out a soft laugh.

Ansel as Gus: "What's your name?"

Shailene as Hazel: "Hazel."

Ansel as Gus: "And what's your full name?"

Shailene as Hazel: "Hazel Grace Lancaster."

The rest of the scene is filmed. "And Cut!" Josh called. Dante takes a minute before stopping the recording. "Alright this time we have camera A recording the scene while camera B sets up the different angle."

We film the scene multiple different times to get the angles that looked good. "Alright everyone let's take five." Josh calls out as the actors head away to get some coffee or to sit down. Dante and I look at each other before setting up the camera for the next scene we need to film today before we are done for the day.

When Dante and I finish I feel someone slide up next to me. "So... how's that girlfriend of yours?" Shailene asks with a soft smirk on her face. My eyes widen before glancing at her. "I told you that in confidence at a girls night during the last week of filming Secret life." I groan, which in turn just makes the actress laugh.

"Look Jade. I think it's cute that you two are together. You're like a match made in heaven. But I really think that it's time to woman up and ask her." Shay looks at me with an encouraging smile. "We aren't ready just yet. I gave her a promise ring on our anniversary."

"You gave her what now?" Shay asks starting to get all giddy. Did I forget to mention that I was a camera operator from season 3-5 on The Secret Life of an American Teenager. Shay is like my LA best friend while Nicole is my best, best friend. She's also the only one besides our family that knows Lizzie and I are together. Well I mean Dakota knows, but that's a little different.

"I gave her a blue diamond promise ring on our anniversary. It's to promise to propose to her soon. We are both working on our next movie together. And I just want to get through that before I propose." I state simply, "I love her, and I want to marry her one day, just not now."

"You guys haven't shot a movie together since you guys started dating. Do you think you can do it? Act like you're not dating each other and seeing each other all day?" Shay asks pulling us to a corner of the set where no one could see us. Because that's not at all suspicious Shay.