Chapter 43: The Unbreakable Vow?

~ Mathilda POV ~

"There you go, my little love. Don't you like that fluffy toy anymore?" Ramona mumbled, wiggling the bunny in front of Oscar who was sat on Daisy's lap. At least the two children could warm her heart and make her smile from time to time.

"And then you swam through the sea? I doubt that Albus Dumbledore is the greatest wizard, I believe my nieces husband is," my uncle chuckled, drinking his wine in one gulp and patting Sirius shoulder.

"Not yet husband, but I appreciate the...compliment," Sirius mumbled, slightly gritting his teeth but nodding at my uncle. They continued talking about the escape and Azkaban. Both my uncle and my grandfather had had several times were they just barely escaped Azkaban, both now listening to Sirius in complete awe.

The 24th of December we would again spend with my family, eating dinner and then the following day we would head over to the Weasleys and also to Harry and celebrate with them.

"Mathilda, you have outdone yourself, this pudding....it is more than delicious," my mother cheered, taking another spoonful into her mouth. I smiled, thanking her. Christmas music was playing in the background while the smell of Christmas cookies, roast dinner, fir and many more things filled the room. The Christmas music was accompanied chatter and laughter, exactly what we all needed in times like this. We needed to forget about the up-coming war for at least a few hours, a few days.

"I heard you are in the Slugclub now, is that correct?" my grandfather asked and Daisy nodded, stuffing some mashed potatoes in her mouth and swallowing. "Yes, he is a huge fan of you and mum," Daisy chuckled, stuffing her mouth with more food and chewing loudly. I grinned at her, shaking my head slightly. Slughorn a fan of me.

"And he definitely sees potential in you," my grandfather added, Daisy just shrugged her shoulders, continuing to eat. Daisy was definitely talented, no doubt about that but part of me also believed that she was in the Slugclub for the same reason I had been in there.

It was good seeing Daisy sit here and smile. In the weeks before Christmas a girl named Katie Bell had been hexed. My family was not related to her, even though we had the same surname, but it still was terrible. Harry believed it had been Draco Malfoy. Sirius somehow believed Harry, I did not. Well, not fully. Draco was just a teenage boy. Sirius also doubted that Draco would be able to do something like this, but still wanted to believe Harry. The past weeks or rather the whole first time of school had been rather gloomy and grim according to Daisy, except some special occasions like Quidditch games. Daisy of course told everyone about how they won the game against Slytherin and we all were more than proud of her. The date with the boy really turned out to be just a date. Daisy claimed that he was boring and they decided to not go on a date again.

"He really was no fun...he only talked about himself and the new broom he was going to get. So boring honestly." Sirius released a relieved sigh, grinning at me and then at Daisy. Of course, he would be relieved.

-Christmas at the Weasley's-

"Hello, hello. Come on in, give me the baby boy. Hello little Oscar, hello Daisy. Get in before you freeze to death!" Molly greeted us, warmly. The ice between us had melted and we had talked a lot. And now we even considered each other friends. We both just were protective and now we understood each other and also understood each other's situations.

"Dora, Remus!" I immediately greeted both of them after properly greeting Molly and Arthur and handing over Oscar. Remus and Dora were now finally dating and they were more than cute together.

"Hey, you two," Dora greeted, wrapping her arms around me and then Sirius. Remus did too.

After we had greeted everyone we finally sat down around a table, which had been made bigger by Arthur beforehand so that we all could fit around it. Daisy carefully bounced Oscar on her lap while Harry and Ginny were pulling funny faces, playing with him. Ginny pulled her tongue out which made Oscar squeal and giggle loudly, Ginny earning herself a reproachful look from Molly.