Chapter 32: A Christmas Miracle*

~ Mathilda POV ~

"So, Harry is teaching us all these spells now. And we practice them in total secrecy which means you have to keep your mouths absolutely shut about it. But it is so cool, we learn so many spells and self-defence techniques and it is just brilliant and Umbridge, she has now idea about it," Daisy blabbered, beaming at both Sirius and I.

Now I was really proud, this time I was proud too, even though what they did was illegal.

Harry wore a slightly shy, but still proud expression on his face. He reminded me so much of James in moments like that.

"You really are Prongs' son!" Sirius chuckled, patting Harry's shoulder.

"And Daisy your daughter. She hexed Filch two times last week!" Harry laughed loudly and I shot Daisy reproachful look, although a small grin tugged on my lips. She only crinkled her nose, beaming at Sirius.

Due to the incident with Arthur, all the baking and decorating none of them had told us about their secret organisation until then.

Now that not only Daisy but also Hermione were here, they opened up to us, telling us all about Dumbledore's army.

In addition, the happy message arrived this morning that Arthur was coming home and everything was fine. We would celebrate Christmas with him and all the children. Grimmauld Place all of a sudden did not at all seem so gloomy and sad anymore. There was so much chatter and laughter. There was so much happiness, something this place had never seen before. I could practically feel how happy it made Sirius. How happy it made him to celebrate Christmas with Daisy and Harry. Finally a real Christmas with everyone after so many years. The smell of cookies, fir and candles lay in the air of the once so gloomy and dark Grimmauld Place.

"But where do you practice? In the Gryffindor common room or where do you find so much space?" Sirius asked, genuinely interested and curious, a proud look on his face. I had been asking myself the same thing. The common room would probably not be so secret.

"In the Room of Requirement. There are also people from other houses, the common room was no option anyways," Harry stated, the proud look not leaving his face. The room of what? I had never heard of that before.

"The room of requirement?" I asked, obviously perplexed while looking at Sirius who also shrugged his shoulders. Was there really a place which the clever Marauders did not find out about? They obviously had not included it in their map either!

"It is a room that just appears as what ever room you need. In our case a practice room," Ron told us and I gasped, looking at them in surprise. That was brilliant. But why the bloody hell did we not know about it?

"It only appears when a person has need of it and is equipped with whatever the person needs!" Hermione stated, nodding her head at us and smiling brightly. "So you just stand there, think of the room you need and want and it shows up. Neville Longbottom found it first," Ginny added, grinning at Harry and then at us. I moved my hand over my heart, pouting. Alice and Frank would have been so proud. I never had so to do with them, but from what I knew of them they were two of the kindest and most loyal people that there are.

When the aching in my chest and the nostalgia disappeared an absolutely anstonished expression appeared on my face again. I looked at them in awe, still wondering why we never found this room in our school days.

Sirius apperently thought about something similar...

"Wow, I had no idea this room existed. Darling, we should have known about that room back in our school days. Would have been more spacey than the broom closets," Sirius laughed, a sly smile on his lips.
"Sirius!" I exclaimed, hitting him with a pillow. George bursted into laughter and Fred winked at me, grinning. Sirius lifted his hands in defence, giving me a funny look while Daisy shook her head, chuckling.