Chapter 22: A Rollercoaster of Emotions

~ Mathilda POV ~

"I don't know. It is just a bit much right now. You being gone for days. I have no idea where you are. If you are safe. If you are alive. And Harry in the tournament. And the Death Eaters being back. It is a lot," I cried out, throwing my head back against the wall. Damn, that hurt.

I was just a bit overwhelmed right now and broke down on the floor. Leaning against the wall, my knees clutched to my chest, sobbing into my hands. Sirius crouched down in front of me, brushing his fingers over my head and arms.

"I am sorry. Should I do....do you want us to....end this? Then you don't have to worry about me at least?" he mumbled, his hands moving to mine and my eyes quickly shot up to meet his.

"What? No! NO! That was not how I meant it. I am just overwhelmed by everything that is happening, but no. No, I cannot lose you again. You stay with me this time. Forever," I quickly stated or rather shouted at him.

He pulled me onto his lap, now both of us sitting on the floor. This brought up some bad memories and I started crying even more. Into his chest, wetting the fabric once again. It was all back. All the memories. All we had been going through before.

"I just want things to be normal for once," I cried and he kept on stroking my back.

He did not answer. He did not need to answer.

Normality was what we both craved. But in the moment we said I love You for the first time I knew that I did not sign up for normal. When you are with Sirius you cannot expect normality. You sign up for a rollercoaster of emotions and feelings. But I was ready to accept that and I would always be ready to do so. He was the love of my life and I was ready to conquer everything that comes up with him.

-The Second Task -

The ministry still needed people to join them to come along for the second task of the Triwizard Tournament and I obviously volunteered, slightly too eagerly maybe but they were happy to have found someone so they did not mind. We apparated to Hogwarts, my first time back here and I was immediately in awe again. This was phenomenal. Nothing had changed. Not the smell, not the look, nothing.

"Bell, keep moving," one of my colleagues laughed and extended his hand towards me. We made our way to the Great Lake where the Tournament would take place and soon a I could spot three wooden towers ranking out of the Lake. Large crowds of people stormed towards there and I was trying to find Daisy and Harry.

"Mum? What are you doing here?" I suddenly heard Daisy exclaim before arms were wrapped around me. "Oh, hello sweetheart. Ministry business, but unfortunately I will have to leave immediately after the Tournament is over," I told her and her friends also approached us, greeting me. "Have you seen Harry?" "Nope, he left earlier today." I nodded and told her to go with her friends because I was meant to sit with my colleagues.

We made our way over to one of the towers, passing some people until I spotted an all too familiar now grey head of hair. I quickly told my colleagues that I would soon join them before I pressed myself through the crowds to the one person.

"Professor? Hello. Good to see you!" I exclaimed and she immediately turned towards me, a big grin on her lips.

"Bell, it is good to see you, too! What a lovely surprise! It is still Bell right?.....What makes you come here?" Minnie asked, smiling. "Yes, it is. I am here for ministry business," I told her and she shook her head smiling.

"Now I can put two and two together. Daisy, she is your daughter. Oh, of course she is Gryffindor, so amazing," Minnie told me, smiling, but a tone of sadness in her eyes and I knew exactly what she thought about. Also in her eyes something like sadness glistened.