Chapter 9: Endless Love

~ Mathilda POV ~

"Let's head inside now, shall we?" I said after an eternity of embracing each other, but he seemed unsure.

"I don't know. Is it not too dangerous for you?" Sirius stammered, but I shook my head. "I will put a charm on the house that covers it until tomorrow. Don't worry, what matters now is you. Only you," I urged and grabbed his hand, pulling him after me.

"Welcome to my...house," I calmly said as we stepped inside and he looked around in awe, small tears forming in his eyes. I know exactly what he was thinking. That could have been our house.

I let him look around while I quickly filled a bowl with water and put some food for the Hippogryph into another bowl and brought it outside. To the reservoir, where the Hippogryph would stay now.

"Now food? Bath? Sleep? Or explanations?" I asked and felt it coming out a little bit too eager. He chuckled weakly and I had to bite my lip. He hadn't lost his chuckle, that hoarse and lovely chuckle that had always made butterflies explode inside of me.

"Maybe a bath first? I am pretty gross I think. And then I will explain everything to you and you also have to tell me everything," he breathed, so damn weak. I nodded, tears filling my eyes once again.

"Sure," I breathed and started walking towards the bathroom where I filled the tub with warm water.

He hesitantly followed after me, looking quite insecure and uncomfortable about doing something wrong. I quickly grabbed his hand and looked at him.

"I cannot believe it. I have you back in my life," I bubbled. I wiped my hand over my face and sniffed once. "I will quickly bring you some clothes," I said before heading off, down to the cellar where I had all his old things stored. They would probably still fit him. I grabbed some loose sleeping pants and an old band shirt from him as well as a fresh pair of underwear.

Well, yes I really kept everything. But what should I have done with his things? I could not bring myself to throw them away so I just grabbed all his things the day I moved out, threw them in a box and never touched the box again, until now.

When I returned he still stood in the middle of the room, not having moved a single step but just looking around in the room.

"What are you waiting for? The water is getting cold," I asked, slightly frustrated.

"Are you sure about it? I just wanted to see you, tell you that I was innocent, but I do not want to put you in danger!"

"Sirius, please. I put a charm on the house. No one will find you here, not tonight," I urged and walked towards him. "Please, get into the water," I said, grabbing his hand and placing a kiss to the back of it to which a shiver coursed through his whole body. My hands shook as well, my knees wobbling.

He still seemed unsure while his trembling fingers slowly moved towards the buttons of his shirt and I made my way over to the bathroom cabinet to grab a towel for him. I drew in a breath, held it and released it. This was all real, all happening right then. He was back.

I glimpsed at Sirius over my shoulder. He looked at me, worry and insecurity written over his face. I raised my brow. "Should- should I go outside?" I then asked.

Was he feeling uncomfortable with me being in here? With me seeing him naked after all this time?

"No.....no it is fine. I just look terrible probably and not what I once used to look like," he stammered, keeping his gaze on the floor. I shook my head, "Don't worry. Please! Why would I care?!"

He slowly peeled the shirt off him and tossed it onto the floor. I stood there frozen, looking at his chest which was now covered in tattoos. I was surprised about the tattoos, but shocked about how thin he was. A skeleton with a thin coat of skin. He definitely had to eat a lot later on.