Chapter 14: Sirius & Daisy

~ Sirius POV ~

She kept on hugging me for a few more seconds before she pulled away and looked up to me tears in her eyes.

"I thought that I would never meet my dad," she then huffed and I ran a hand over hear head.

"I thought that I would never meet you, too. But I always hoped and prayed that the day would come," I told her and she smiled. We sat down on the couch, she again took her place opposite of me.

"Tell me about your time in Hogwarts. I want to know everything. What were you always up to?" Daisy asked and I heard Mathilda laugh from the kitchen and she suddenly appeared in the door frame.

"Don't. Don't tell her everything. You getting into detention so many times in your first year was already enough, my dear," she said a warning look on her face and Daisy just started laughing.

"Detention?" I asked, laughing. Mathilda had told me a little bit but I wanted to know for what things she got into detention.

"Only a few times and mostly because someone treated some else unfairly and I had to do something and on one occasion I accidentally called Professor Lupin Uncle Moony and some Hufflepuff boy laughed and mocked me for it and so I turned his hair green," she pouted.

"Don't tell your mother that, but," I said, looking up and seeing that she has disappeared into the kitchen, "I am really proud of you. School would be incredibly boring without a few pranks and some fun." I said, winking and a second later a cooking spoon that came flying out of the kitchen hit my head. Ouch!

"Don't tell her that. School is absolutely not boring, I always liked it," Mathilda shouted from the kitchen and both Daisy and I had to laugh. She was amazing and really a lot like me, I believed.

"So Uncle Moony then, you know that I know him?" "Really. Oh that is brilliant!" she beamed and I nodded.

"Yeah he, James and I and...also Peter Pettigrew were best friends at our time in Hogwarts." 

"Oh yeah, you mentioned James Potter earlier when you talked about Harry," she then said, lowering her gaze to the ground. "Have you met Harry?" I asked her and she smiled. "No, not really. He is in my house, but two years above me, so no, not really. But I watched him play Quidditch, he is amazing." She smiled at me and nodded my head.

"What is Azkaban like? Or is this too much to ask?" she then said, giving me sympathetic smile. "No, don't worry it is fine.....Well, how do I explain it. I actually only ever saw my cell. It was small, cold, dark and the only thing one hears is people screaming and waves splashing against the prison walls. And it feels like all kind of happiness has been removed," I explained to her and she had a sad look on her face. 

"Well, now you are here and safe. You will stay here right?" she then asked with big eyes and I smiled. "I would love to stay here as long as it does not put you or your mother in danger." She nodded in understanding, still pouted though. "That makes sense."

"So now, you never answered my question! What about your Howgarts time? What was it like?" she laughed at me. A laugh that warmed my heart. Seeing my daughter smile and laugh at me, was the most amazing thing that could happen to me. Alongside Mathilda, of course.

"All right, all right. Well were do I start–" 

"Maybe with the time you pranked us Hufflepuffs and I spent hours washing green slime out of my hair," I heard Mathilda say and Daisy snickered. "Whoopsie," she laughed and I started telling her about that prank. But I also told her about other things and Minnie, some Hogwarts secrets and about being an Animagus. I actually thought about not telling her, but in connection with Azkaban and the escape it made more sense to tell her.