Chapter 39: My Water Broke

~ Mathilda POV ~

"So, here you go," I breathed, handing Sirius a cup of tea.

He was recovering, still. Even two weeks after what had happened in the ministry.

Harry and Daisy sat next to him on the couch, while Sirius gave me a worried look, furrowing his brows.

Good thing was....we were not at Grimmauld Place. No we were home. In my home. In our home.

I had one hand braced on my belly, groaning under my breath and shifting on my feet.

Something was off that day and if I was right, it could only mean one thing. The baby was coming. I knew this feeling. Knew this feeling from when Daisy was born.

"Darling, please sit down and relax. You really don't look good," Sirius mumbled and both Harry and Daisy turned towards me with big eyes.

"Dad is right, you look extremely pale and I think we should contact the midwife?" Daisy asked, gritting her teeth. I shook my head, again running my hand over my belly. Not yet.

"No, no. It is fine. I am fine, he or she is just kicking and pushing."

Harry furrowed his brows while I slowly sat down on one of the arm chairs, leaning back and closing my eyes, inhaling deeply.

"Ugh, shit! Merlin's beard that...ugh–" I groaned, bending forward, and clutching my belly. That was not good and I was not fine. Shit, what was that?

"That's it. Contact Poppy, Dora and the midwife, now!" Sirius ordered, darting his gaze at Daisy, who immediately jumped to her feet. She would contact them over a piece of broken mirror, similar to the one Sirius used with Harry. We had arranged that before we knew that Sirius was free when I give birth. We obviously had no idea things would turn out that way.
I shook my head at Sirius, furrowing my brows any groaning again. Overprotective mother-hen.

Harry's face turned grim while examined me, not knowing what to do. I gave him a sympathetic look, trying to get up which was not too easy with that huge belly.

Harry immediately jumped to his feet, slipping one arm under my arm and around my back, helping me up. He also moved a hand over my belly while I momentarily leaned onto him.

I huffed once I stood, clutching my belly again and then I felt it—

The liquid slowly trickled down my thighs and then the full lemgth of my legs.

My water had broken.

"My water broke," I stated, trying to keep calm and taking deep steadying breaths.

"Is this good or bad?" Harry nervously shouted, his big eyes nearly falling out of his head, while Sirius rolled over and tried to get up. He groaned, trying to get onto his feet.

I steadied myself on Harry, "It is good. The baby is coming and but I should do something, lie down and rest," I stated. "And you stay lying. Don't you dare get up, you need to recover!" I growled at Sirius who shook his head at me. Before he could protest the door flung open and Poppy alongside Daisy and Margot, the midwife, stormed in.

"You get her to the bedroom, I will prepare everything and the children stay down here! Oh I see that water already broke," Poppy ordered and I made my way over to the door, Sirius getting up behind me. Oh, Sirius.

"I am not letting you do this alone, no way! We are not doing things alone anymore," he groaned, while slowly approaching me. I shook my head at him, clutching my belly.

Poppy and Margot helped over to the bedroom, Daisy and Harry stayed in the living room, waiting for Tonks. Sirius winced, following after us. Godrick, he still was in so much pain.