Chapter 38: Back to Azkaban?

that is going to be a looong chapter

- a week after the incident at the Ministry -

~ Mathilda POV ~

"There you are, come here, come here," I mumbled when Daisy and Harry entered Grimmauld Place. "How are you?" I asked, wrapping my arms first around Daisy then Harry.

"Good, how is dad?" "Yes, how is Sirius?" "Better! At least the bleeding has finally stopped after all these days, but he is still weak, come on in. He might still be sleeping," I informed them, wiping sweat from my forehead and shoving them through the corridor. This damn bleeding had been going on for days, blood just randomly spluttering out of his wounds which should have actually bern healed. But now it was better — fine actually.

"And how are you, mum and the baby?" Daisy asked me, her big eyes roaming my round figure. "Everything is fine. Baby is doing well."

Blood traitors. Blood traitor filth and half-blood.

Daisy stuck her tongue out to the portrait and I quickly pulled the curtain over it again when Daisy and Harry walked upstairs to the living room where Sirius currently was. I followd, slowly and taking idle steps, already panting after the first three.

Sirius' mother...she was proud that we kept the bloodline pure, but she still hated us and called us all these nasty names.

"Who brought the filthy cat here!" another voice hissed and when I looked around the corner I spotted Waffle snuggling closely to Kreacher, purring loudly. Kreacher wore an incredulous expression, pushing the cat a way. Waffle did not seem to mind and kept on snuggling closely to the house elf, momentarily even licking over his ear.

"Don't you dare hurt him, he likes you," I told Kreacher who again tried to push the cat away from him.

When I finally joined the others I found Daisy sitting on the couch next to Sirius and Harry on the floor next to sofa. They were happily and also obviously relieved telling him about school, while Sirius only weakly nodded at them. He tried to force a smile on his lips, but I knew he was still in a lot of pain, grimacing slightly only after tiny movements.

"Did you really make sure that no one followed you?" I asked once I closed the door behind me and sat down on the couch table.

"Guess why it took us two hours to get here? We went off the beaten track to get here without anyone following us," Daisy grumbled, and Harry nodded, eagerly.

"Okay, okay. I am sorry. But now everyone knows Sirius is alive, they will start looking for him everywhere."

"But we really made sure no one followed us!"

I nodded, smiling sympathetically at them and then at Sirius.

"But how is this going...I mean what is....what is the plan since now everyone knows?" Daisy asked, a tear slipping over a cheek.

Sirius weakly reached his hand towards her and took her hand in his, slowly stroking his thumb over the back of it.

"I don't know, but Remus, Alastor, Kingsley and Dumbledore are coming over later and then we will discuss everything," I explained to them and Sirius lifted his head slightly, groaning under his breath, his gaze snapping towards me.

"You did not tell me about that," Sirius huffed, wincing in pain.

"I know. You were out for the past two days, I had no idea when to tell you," I quickly told him, my hand now squeezing Harry's shoulder.

"Can they send you back?" Harry asked calmly and carefully, tugging on a loose string of fabric on his pants. Sirius nodded, slowly lifting his head.

"Of course, the most obvious option. But maybe—"