13

Author POV

Lucas and Ava were walking back home all quiet. Nobody talked as they had nothing to say.

Ava was admiring the view around, sun setting leaving the sky in the color of purple and orange, birds flying back to their nest same as them.

She was happy and light headed getting a friend and confessing that she accept Lucas as a friend whereas Lucas was just thinking about what those old ones told him.

"She accepted you as a friend. And that means a lot. We know her from her childhood and we have never seen her getting a friend after her high school."

"You don't know but she has gone through a lot. She was a kid when she lost her parents and from then, her grandmother took care of her. And now, her grandma is hospitalized, suffering from cancer."

"She works late night job to pay the hospital bills and mangae her studies. In our club, she trains these children,teaching them self defence so that they are capable of preventing anything bad happening to them."

"In her high school, she had a boyfriend who used her for a bet. That broke her heart turning her into a rude and cold one, making her hate boys who just do anything to prove themselves as the ruler. And she just hate those rich, spoiled, self centred boys."

"But she accepted you as a friend. That means you are a good boy. We just want our friend and Ava happy. So, don't ever dare to hurt her, betray her, and use her whatever the condition is."

"And these nerdy glasses ... Looks good on you."

He chucked recalling the comment he got from those people which caught Ava's attention.

She looked at him, still having that slight smile on her lips, eyes having no sign of annoyance they always held earlier whenever he tried talking her.

"What?" She asked.

He shook his head pushing those glasses up on his nose, smiling back, making a eye contact with her.

She didn't break the contact and stared back at Lucas who was feeling melting hot having his eyes locked with hers, not having any dare or sense to break it.

"These round glasses ..... Looks cute on you." She smiled and began walking like nothing while Lucas felt his heart doing a flip, increasing the temperature of his body.

His cheeks turned pink, lips got darker as he sunk his head in neck feeling shy just of a comment.

After being done with his blush blast, he looked ahead only to find Ava still walking. He took a run following her not wanting to loose the company of her.

****

He was in his room unpacking his stuff, arranging them in cupboards when he heard a knock on the door.

He groaned, leaving his work and brushed his hairs back, removing his hairs covering his eyes and made his way to the door opening it afterwards.

He was shocked to find Ava on his door looking heavenly as always but her expressions soft, not like usual.

"Here, I brought you dinner." She forwarded a plate full of food with a unusual smile.

He had his mouth hung open not believing the way she offered him the food.

Flashback

"Yaah! Don't touch it."
"Why the fuck you are touching my food?"
"Why don't you cook yourself?"
"That's my plate nerd."
"Don't you dare to take any other spoon of rice now."