10

Ava POV

I woke up feeling extremely worn out. My whole body was paining like niddles poking in.

I rubbed my eyes sitting up, stretching myself,trying to get the clear view out of my sleepy one.

Then I recalled last night when I had a little fight with some of men trying to force themselve upon a girl.

Nights are really dangerous for girls....

I thought and looked around my room. Then I remembered Lucas.

Last night, when I got back to hostel, there I found him lying in cold out in balcony.

I brought him in my room because it was cold and the main reason... He was blocking the way in the balcony.

Here I found him lying upside down like a prince which at first gave me some rich, spoiled vibes from him.

But I shrugged off and glanced at the clock beside my bed. It showed half past 7.

Great!

Just in seconds, I was jumping off the bed rushing in the bathroom as I was getting late for the college.

In the way, I kicked Lucas a bit lightly yelling a "wake up nerd" to wake him up from his slumber.

I shut the door behind me, instantly grabbing the toothbrush to brush my teeth, putting toothpaste over it.

I brushed my teeth and took a shower as fast as I could and left my damp clothes in the washing machine.

I came out of the bathroom hoping to find the nerd awake but he was still there sleeping like a pig he relly is.

Heavens!!!

"Wake up Lucas." I shouted but he didn't even budge.

I shook him, punched him, slapped him but he just whined and covered himself in the duvet. He felt like dead. Never in my life I saw a person like him.

At last, I got a mug of water and......

Splash!!

Author POV

Ava being short tempered and irritated by Lucas's deep slumber, threw cold water right on his face which stratled him causing him to jolt up straight.

"Who the fuck did this??" He yelled unaware of the fact that he wasn't in his room or even house.

His expressions were like a loin poked while sleeping, a dog snatched it's food, a cat taken its rat away. And it surely shocked Ava.

Like how could a nerd act like that???

"Get up pig! We're late for college." She yelled and sprinted to set her hairs.

Lucas who realised where he was ruffled his hairs yawning just like he used to do in his room.

"Get out of my room. Right now."

Lucas looked towards Ava who was all ready for college with her bag over her shoulder on the doorstep of her room.

"I've to lock this room."

***

Lucas was in his room watching the fucked up condition of it.

He knew he couldn't manage the room and he couldn't take any help from someone. No one would help him.

"Argh! What do I do now?" He grunted thinking of something so that he could get the room all set.

All he could think was ask any of his friends, Michael to help him in managing the room but to his own bad he was out of recharge.

What a great day!

"Let me just go to campus. I'll find Michael there." He thought and dressed himself up.

He got all ready and the next thing he wanted was 'breakfast'.

He wanted his coffee along with his favourite snacks plated nicely in his favourite plate.

He unconsciously licked his lips just by imagining the breakfast but he knew imagining it won't bring it.

He, with the worst mood of him ever, walked out of room not caring to lock the room because no one brags in a room full of shits.

He walked all the way to college which nearly took 15 minutes but enough for him to feel like he walked hours without any of his friend accompanying him.

At last he walked in his classroom and took his seat hoping the class to end soon so that he could run to Michael to ask him for help.

Michael was his best friend for years. And asking him for any help never made him feel pitied or low because best friends know what we really are.

The class was over,consuming all of his energy as it felt like eternity that he sat there listening to the old man explaining how Shakespeare got inspirations to write.

He rushed out of the class to find Michael but he couldn't find. He checked all classes, canteen, washrooms. Each place he could think of but Michael was nowhere.

Maybe somewhere...
He thought and went to attend his next class which was with Ava being his seat mate.

As he sat beside her, she have him an awkward glare which was unusual.

She always glared at him whenever he sat beside her because no matter what, he never got bored of the way she talked, never complained about her being rude and cold.

As he sat beside her, all of his tension about Michael, his room, loss of luxuries, no balance etc. disappeared as he began talking non stop nearly making her ears bleed just to pass his time.

"Do you think Shakespeare's family was happy having him?" He asked and kept his eyes on her face waiting for an answer or a annoyed face but she just had the glare on which wasn't a glare too.

"Huh?" He frowned confused.

Ava just kept glaring at him with investigating eyes. Seemed like she was trying to find something in him but couldn't.

"You're so cheap. But today morning..... You cursed. Like..... You cursed??" She made him remind what reaction he gave when she threw almost freezing water on his sleeping peacefully self stratling him.

Do not nerds curse??? He thought.

Maybe?? The expressions Ava had made him think if nerds really curse or not.

In movies.... They never.

So he tried to act innocent.

"I was s-scared."

Ava was suspicious but still nodded focusing on the class ignoring the hurdles created by Lucas's voice as he kept talking.

***

Lucas was checking out each class to find any trace of Michael as he couldn't find him whole day.

And this became more hard as he didn't know about his friends here.

I must have asked him...
He thought and kept his useless trys on of finding Michael.

He entered in a class looking around but there too, he couldn't find Michael but someone else than him.

"Oh! Look, who's here!" Said one of the bully watching Lucas in the class alone.

"Why are you here nerd? To suck what you didn't that day?" The same girl form that day asked smirking.

Lucas ignored them and was about to walk out of class when they again called him.

"Sorry sorry! Yaah! Don't call him nerd. He's Mr. Lucas. Don't you know who's here to save him?" The bully's tone turned taunting as he fake glared at the girl.

The girl immediately understood and played along.

She turned her expressions all apologizing and shook her head.

"Oh my! What a dumb I'm? Miss rude off limits have his back. I'm sorry Mr. Lucas. But...." She smirked and glanced at the bully boy who also smirked and walked over Lucas.

"You're alone now.... Nerd."