114|Soulless!Sam

I leaned over the basin in the bathroom, splashing water on my face.

"So, uh, what do you remember?" the young woman asked.

"Well," I chuckled. "It might sound pretty strange if I say it aloud."

I toweled off my face.

"Oh, it- it couldn't get any stranger," she said.

"Yeah, don't be so sure," I sighed, shrugging. "Look, I- I don't know, I mean, it's all pretty spotty, you know? I just remember I was, I was with, uh- these two guys. One was a- a male model type and the other was an old guy named, uh, Bobby."

I picked up an address book from the dresser and leafed through it.

"Okay, w-what are you looking for?"

"Here. Bobby Singer. That has to be it."

"Is there a phone number?"

"No, just an address. Sioux Falls, South Dakota."

I scoffed.

"South Dakota? Okay, uh, l-listen, Sam. Sam, right?"

I nodded in confirmation.

"Yeah."

"Look, I'm really sorry, but this is- is where I gotta get off."

"Oh, no, of course," I shook my head. "No problem."

"Okay. Well, how are you gonna get there?"

I noticed a set of car keys on the dresser and picked them up.

"I guess I'll take my car."

"That's mine," I said, pointing at the Impala in the Nite Owl's parking lot.

"Are you sure?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Look, Sam, I don't feel right about you taking off like this."

"Oh, look, don't worry," I assured her. "Y-you've done way too much for me already."

"That's not what I mean," the young woman shook her head. "What I mean is, uh... I've got a bad feeling, you know? With those IDs and that shady-ass hotel room. Whatever you're looking for, you might not like what you find."

"What other choice do I have?" I scoffed.

I turned my head slightly as I heard the distinct sound of a gun cocking.

"You could stick around here a little bit longer," she suggested, not noticing the sound like I did, "I mean get your head straight, instead of going off, flying blind into..."

Someone started shooting at us, and I lunged at the young woman, knocking her to the pavement with me as a bullet shattered the Impala's window. When I heard it, I got the distinct feeling someone was going to kill me for ruining the car, but I didn't know who.

"What the hell was that?" the young woman demanded.

"Stay down," I barked, getting up to look at the shooter.

He looked exactly like me.

"Sam! Sammy!" the young woman yelled.

Dean's POV

"Sammy? Come on, snap out of it."

I stared at my brother, unconscious on the cot in the panic room of Bobby's basement. Bobby had gone to check on Ellie and Zep at the hospital. They were both getting stronger, and Ellie had finally been able to hold him for the first time a few days ago, but I still hadn't really met my son. I had been staying vigilant at my brother's side ever since Cass broke down the wall Death had put in his brain.