47|Lucifer Rising

Castiel showed up again, telling Dean and I that we had to find Sam before he could kill Lilith. When Dean tried to point out that she was going to break the final seal, the angel informed us that she was the final seal. So he flew us out of the green room, taking us to Chuck's house to find out where Sam was.

"Wait. T-t-this isn't supposed to happen," he stuttered, then into the phone, "No, lady, this is definitely supposed to happen, but I just got to call you back."

He hung up, looking back up at the three of us.

"I..." he started to defend, but gave up.

"Look, we don't have much time. Where's your latest manuscript?" I demanded.

He grabbed a stack of papers from the desk in front of him, holding them out. Dean snatched them up, skimming through it.

"St. Mary's? What is that, a convent?" he asked finally.

"Yeah, but you guys aren't supposed to be there," Chuck insisted. "You're not in this story."

"Yeah, well," Castiel started, glancing over at Dean and I. "We're making it up as we go."

Suddenly, there was a rumbling accompanied by a blinding white light.

"Aw man! Not again!" the prophet groaned. "No!"

"It's the archangel!" Castiel yelled over the rumbling. "I'll hold him off. I'll hold them all off! Just stop Sam!"

He clapped both Dean and I on the forehead and we suddenly found ourselves in the empty convent where Sam was supposed to be.

"Come on," Dean said, grabbing my hand and dragging me down the hall.

We finally rounded the corner toward the sanctuary, looking in to see Sam, Ruby and Lilith. Lilith was being held against the altar by Sam's powers. Ruby glanced over her shoulder, seeing Dean and I and smiled. Raising her hand, the sanctuary door shut, keeping Dean and I from seeing anything else. We both hurried toward the door, but they were being kept closed by whatever force Ruby was using to keep us out.

"Sam!" Dean cried as we banged against the door.

We continued yelling and trying to get the door open, Dean finding a large candelabra to beat it with. After several more attempts, we finally managed to break through, Dean drawing Ruby's knife as we moved into the room. Sam was laying on the ground and Ruby stood up to confront us.

"You're too late," she taunted.

"I don't care," Dean growled.

Sam stood, grabbing Ruby from behind and holding her in place while Dean stabbed her in the heart. She flickered with the usual orange light before slumping to the ground, dead.

"I'm sorry," Sam apologized brokenly.

I looked away from the brothers at the trail of blood coming from Lilith's dead body, traveling in an odd path to create a circular pattern on the floor.

"Sammy, let's go," Dean said.

"Dean... he's coming," Sam said, clutching at Dean's shirt.

We stared in horror as a bright light shot up in the center of the circle.