44|Conteri

Dean's POV

"Damnit!"

I balled up Ellie's note in my hand, staring at the silver locket that had been left behind with it. She had run away... again. I knew she wasn't in a great place mentally lately, but I never thought she'd leave with everything happening at the moment.

"She was overwhelmed, Dean," Bobby spoke quietly. "You weren't in here when she broke down. She was going on about how everything was falling apart, and then she said the angels told her Maddie was always going to die before she was born because of her role in this mess."

"What?" I growled, rounding on him.

"She said she's the prize. That whoever wins the fight between Lucifer and Michael would get her. She made it sound like she's supposed to bear one of their kids."

We were both silent and Bobby glanced over at the basement.

"I'm gonna ask one more time. Are we absolutely sure we're doing the right thing?"

"Bobby, you saw what was happening to him down there. The demon blood is killing him."

"No, it isn't. We are."

"What?"

My eyes widened as Bobby sighed, turning back to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer. We're killing him. Keeping him locked up down there. This cold-turkey thing isn't working. If- if he doesn't get what he needs, soon, Sam's not gonna last much longer."

"No. I'm not giving him demon blood. I won't do it."

"And if he dies?"

"Then at least he dies human!"

Ellie's POV

I put the key into the lock of the motel door, heading inside and flipping on the light.

"You're fleeing."

I let out a growl, glaring at the angel standing by the window of the room.

"I really don't have the patience to deal with another one of you feathered douchebags, so why don't you do us both a favor and get out of my damn room."

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

"I don't want to hear any more apocalypse crap!" I cried. "You have ten seconds to get out before I-"

"Before you what?" the angel quirked an eyebrow. "Use your super special angel powers to kill me? Dean already promised to stab me in the face, so he beat you to that threat. Now, why don't you quiet down, Ecclesia, so we can talk."

"I'm not your Ecclesia! I don't want any part in your stupid war."

"You have no choice. This is your destiny, dearest Ecclesia, and there's no fighting it. Everyone will play their parts exactly as they are intended. You, Dean, Sam."

"Just kill me now," I shook my head. "It'd be a better option than dragging me kicking and screaming, and trust me, you will have to drag me."

The angel was silent, he and I having a stare-off as I waited for his next move.

Dean's POV

Bobby and I unlocked and opened the panic room door, finding an empty room.