104|Tempting Fate

Bobby thought we were dealing with Fate, as in the three Fates. We told him about Balthazar and the ship, and how if we got him to sink it, Ellen and Jo would die. When we told him that, he ordered us to make sure the angels didn't re-sink the Titatinic. We tailed Shawn Russo, the guy who Dean talked to while Sam and I looked into the family history, and he was hit by a bus.

"You've got to be kidding me," Dean mumbled, than noticed an ad for Shawn's company on the back of the bus that hit him. "Guys, check it out."

"What?"

Dean pointed at the ad.

"Too soon?"

"Yeah, Dean. Pretty sure six seconds is too soon," Sam told him.

Across the street, I noticed a woman staring at us from inside a building.

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey. I think I saw her. Right over there."

"Her? Like Fate her?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What did she look like?" Dean asked.

"Kind of like a librarian," I shrugged.

"Sam's type of librarian or my type of librarian?"

Sam smacked his brother upside the head and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, she was wearing clothes, if that's what you mean."

"Alright."

Dean started to walk across the street, but I reached out and grabbed his arm before he could get to far.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. We can't just walk over there."

"We're not on the hit list," he pointed out. "We have nothing to do with the boat. Let's go talk to her."

"Talk?" Sam repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you know," Dean flashed his gun, "talk. Worth a shot, right?"

Sighing, Sam and I followed Dean into the abandoned restaurant.

"Hello? Hello? Hello-o?"

Dean's flashlight died.

"Oh, come on," he groaned.

"You got a lighter?" Sam asked.

Dean pulled said lighter out of his pocket, trying it a few times, but it wouldn't light.

"Oh, come on. It's out of juice or something?" I asked, knowing Dean's lighter never ran out of juice.

"It shouldn't be," he replied.

The lighter finally sparked, and the room in front of us lit on fire. However, before the gas and fire explosion could reach us, we were suddenly in a forest and Cass was standing in front of us.

"Cass!" I cried.

"Hello, Eleanor. Sam, Dean."

"Hey, thanks man," Sam smiled. "Where are we?"

"White Russia."

"What?!" Sam raised his eyebrows.

"Are you aware of what your frat bro did?" Dean growled.

"I'm aware. Balthazar can be impetuous," Cass replied.

"Well, riddle me this," I began. "If Fate's going after the boat people, why'd she try to waste us?"

"Well, I imagine she harbors a certain degree of rage toward you," Cass shrugged.

"What did we do?" Sam asked, practically whining.