64|Play the Game

We walked through the hospital corridors, Dean and I looking around like kids in a candy store.

"Dude, what the hell?" Dean asked.

"I don't know," Sam shook his head.

"No, seriously, what the hell?"

"I don't know."

"One theory. Any theory."

"Uh, the Trickster trapped us in TV Land."

Dean gave his brother a look.

"That's your theory. That's stupid."

"You and Ellie were the ones who said we're on Dr. Sexy, MD," Sam pointed out.

"Yeah, but TV Land isn't TV Land. I mean, there's actors and, and lights and crew members, you know. This looks real."

"It can't be. Dean, how can this possibly be real?"

"I don't know," Dean shrugged.

Dr. Wang passed us again, nodding and giving us the usual 'Doctors' greeting before walking off.

"There goes Dr. Wang," Dean nodded after her. "The sexy yet arrogant heart surgeon."

She passed a man sitting on a gurney, and I clutched Dean's arm.

"And there's Johnny Drake. Oh, he's not even alive, he's a ghost in the mind of-"

I cut myself off as another brunette doctor entered and sat next to Johnny.

"Of her," Dean finished. "The sexy yet neurotic doctor over there."

"So... this show has ghosts?" Sam asked. "Why?"

"I don't know," Dean shrugged. "It is compelling."

"I thought you said you weren't a fan."

"I'm not. We're not."

Dean froze as he spotted something else. When I followed his gaze, my jaw dropped, grip on Dean's arm tightening.

"Oh boy," I breathed.

"What?" Sam asked.

"It's him," Dean said.

"Who?"

Another doctor, his nametag reading 'DR. PALMER', made his way down the hall in our direction.

"It's him, it's Dr. Sexy," I hissed.

Dr. Palmer stopped next to us, looking at Dean.

"Doctor," he greeted.

"Doctor," Dean replied, trying to hide his smile.

Dr. Sexy turned to Sam, giving him the same greeting. When Sam only nodded, Dean whacked him.

"Doctor," Sam replied through gritted teeth.

Dr. Palmer turned back to address Dean once more.

"You want to give me one good reason why you defied my direct order to do the experimental face transplant on Mrs. Biehl?"

Dean's expression switched from awed to confused, glancing over at me.

"One reason?"

Dr. Palmer nodded. Dean glanced over at me again, and I subtly gestured down with my eyes, Dean following my gaze.

"Sure," Dean nodded, slamming the doctor against a wall. "You're not Dr. Sexy."

"You're crazy," Dr. Sexy said.