Chapter 13

I woke up feeling dazed. what happened? I was in my room when I woke up but I don't remember going into my room. I had to clean the bathroom. I sat up rubbing my temples trying to recollect what happened. I got up to use the restroom because my flow was heavy and I felt a blob of red jelly fall out of my entrance. my pad was soaked because I hadn't changed it. I felt a little better after cleaning myself up. my stomach started to growl, but my mind was in no mood to eat. I debated whether I could just slip in back to bed, was there any work left to do? did I already finish cleaning the bathroom? I sat back down on the bed and started rubbing my stomach when the door to my room opened. in came Ivan with a tray full of food.

Ivan: you're up?!

Shawn: what's all this?

Ivan: this is for you

Shawn: but why?

Ivan: you fainted

Shawn: what?!

Ivan: you fell down the stairs.

Shawn: what happened exactly?

Ivan: doctor said your anemic and had hypoglycemia.

Shawn: oh...

(Places tray on table) Ivan: here eat.

Shawn: I'm not hungry... I actually don't eat for four days when I'm on my period.

Ivan pulled on my ear out of nowhere. I begged him to let go but he tugged on it more.

Ivan: you're a stupid female! no wonder you fainted! who in their right mind doesn't eat for four days?!

this was the first time I've seen Ivan get upset. my ear was throbbing, I could feel it was swollen and warm.

Ivan: eat, everything!

I drank a spoonful of chicken noodle soup then a bite of some crackers, I stopped chewing when I realised a small detail.

Shawn: I fell down the stairs... but I'm up here in my room, then does that mean you carried me up here?

Ivan: no, I did not.

Shawn: then?

Dilan: I did.

Dilan was leaning against the doorway with his hands crossed around his chest. suddenly my throat had gone dry as he took a step closer to the bed. how long was he standing there? did he hear everything just now?!

Dilan: Sharon, is it?

Shawn: Dilan... I can explain.

Dilan: no need. Ivan's already filled me in.

Shawn: I'm sorry for keeping this a secret from you.

Dilan didn't say anything. he looked disturbed about the whole thing.

Shawn: I can pack up and leave if that's what you want.

Dilan: hold your horses, I haven't thought about what needs to happen next.

shit! how could I be so careless?! now Dilan knows my secret as well... what's going to happen? what actions will he take against me? Ivan patted my head; he saw the concern on my face.

Ivan: eat!

Shawn: I can't, not with such an atmosphere...

Dilan: eat. rest up afterwards.

Dilan turned to leave the room.

Shawn: are you g-going to tell Vlad?

Dilan: I don't know yet.