Chapter 14

We waited for Ronin to come out, but he was taking longer than usual. I placed everything that we brought for the shoot into the car.

Vladimir: let's go see what's taking Ronin so long.

All the other edm artists had left. Ronin was still talking to Lex's assistant Leo. Lex was nowhere to be seen, meaning he must have left. Ronin and Leo were shaking hands, this must mean the collaboration was on! the photographer was beginning to clean up.

(Walks over) Shawn: do you need some help putting stuff away?

Photographer: it's alright. I can do it.

Vladimir: it's cool. just tell us what you want where.

Vladimir came over to help and the photographer seemed surprised. he nodded his head and told us what needed to go in what box.

(Cleaning up) Shawn: hey Vlad.

Vladimir: what is it?

Shawn: if I got everything wrong on the quiz why did you hire me?

Vladimir: oh, because that was the first time, I heard a guy squeal like that.

Shawn: huh? is that really the reason?

(Smile) Vladimir: no!

Shawn: then?

Vladimir: you were the first to call me by my actual name.

He was being honest. he came me a small smile before piling up the boxes in the storage room.

Shawn: is that really what it took?

Vladimir: yeah, at that time I felt like you saw me as a person and not a celebrity.

Shawn: well, you are more than just a celebrity

Vladimir: to you and my family, but not the rest of the world. take lex for example, he didn't even know my real name till today.

Shawn: hmm....

Vladimir: even today you see me as another person and not DJ Drac. so, thanks Shawn for treating me as Vlad and not Drac.

We three headed home. it was nice to be back home, it wasn't my home but it started feeling like it. I had dinner separately from them, because I had to tidy up the study and clean up the game room. the study was like a library, there were so many books. the upper level needed dusting. those idiots, they've been cutting corners during their work. if the book shelves are dusted everyday then there wouldn't be so much accumulation of dust. I used the ladder to reach the upper levels. I didn't realize Dilan had walked into the study because I was too busy mumbling to myself about how incompetent these idiots were, it was simple dusting! how hard was that?!

(Walks into the study) Dilan: hey Shawn, got a sec?

Shawn: Dilan. yeah, what's up?

Dilan: I won't tell Vlad.

were my ears hearing correctly?!

Dilan: your secret identity is safe with me...

(Super happy) Shawn: REALLY?!

I lost my footing on the ladder.

Dilan: Shawn!!!

I didn't hit the ground like I thought, instead I ended up in Dilan's arms.

Dilan: what the hell is wrong with you?!

He was scared and angry. his hazel eyes dilated due to the fear. he held me for a moment looking into my eyes. I was feeling a bit awkward with the way things were.