Chapter 10

I knew tum-tum would still be working that and it was a long walk home. I was thrilled to see him again after one whole month.... crap! how did he know?! how did Ivan figure out that I'm a woman? I wanted to ask him badly, but I was too afraid that he'd reveal my secret if I kept asking too many questions. I reached the police station within an hour. I rushed for his cabin, the same police officer from before stopped me to ask the reason of visit.

Ranger: kid?

(happy) Shawn: TUM-TUM!!!

I rushed over to tum-tum and he took a step back as if he was about to run. he was never good with showing affection. he blocked me before I could hug him and I settled for his head rub. we entered his cabin and I took a seat.

Ranger: what are you doing here?

Shawn: I got the rest of the day off. I have to go back to work tomorrow night.

That was a half lie, I didn't want to tell tum-tum that I've been discovered.

Shawn: tum-tum, you haven't been eating right. look at your face it's sunken. you have dark circles too.

ranger: it's been a rough week and a half.

Shawn: I'll make dinner tonight.

Ranger: don't bother, I'm out of ingredients. haven't gone shopping in three days.

Shawn: Chinese or Thai?

Ranger: Thai

I pulled out my phone and placed the order. I had them deliver to the station because tum-tum had to work overnight.

Shawn: you have to take tomorrow off. let's go shopping and restock the fridge.

(Looking through files) ranger: alright...

Shawn: let's watch a movie! then I need to buy a few more supplies for my disguise.

(Still not paying attention) ranger: hmm.

He was flipping through file after file.

Shawn: I'm pregnant.

Ranger: that's grea-WHAT?!

He looked at me as if his eyes were going to pop out of his sockets.

Ranger: what the hell happened in that house?! how could you get pregnant?! your supposed to be a dude!!!!

(laugh) Shawn: finally! now you're actually listening to me.

Ranger: so.... you aren't having a mini version of yourself?

(laughing) Shawn: no...tum-tum! silly! will you pay attention now?

Ranger: ok ok. no need to give me a heart attack.

I washed the makeup off and stuffed the wig in my duffel bag. that night after dinner I don't know when I fell asleep. I was on the couch in tum-tum's cabin watching how to apply a fake beard when I dozed off. the next morning, I woke up to the smell of maple syrup. I cracked my eyes open to see tum-tum stuffing his face with pancakes.

(Sitting up) Shawn: no fair tum-tum hogging all the food.

Ranger: I made a pancake for you.

Shawn: just one!?

(smile) Ranger: I'll take you out for breakfast today.

the rest of the day tum-tum and I spent the day having breakfast from ihop, going shopping for supplies and groceries, and we ended up watching the new movie redrum in theaters. I enjoyed a good psychological murder mystery thriller, all though I didn't appreciate tum-tum's commentary every time they did something inaccurate. when it came to his profession, he was very disciplined about it.