Chapter 9

Vladimir: I'm sorry Ivan. that was such an asshole move of me.

(Weakly) Ivan: why did you do it?

Vladimir: I know that you have your issues, but I didn't think things would get out of hand.

(Weakly) Ivan: if you come home more often and spent some time with me you would have known that it's gotten worse for me.

Vladimir: I never feel at home when I'm at mom and dad's place. they don't care about me anyway.

Ivan: that's not true...

Vladimir: they have you, a prodigy. being a DJ, to them isn't really something worth praising.

Ivan: don't say that about yourself. they are very proud of you... I'm proud of you.

Vladimir: it was never the same with them after you came along.

Ivan: are you jealous?

Vladimir: when we were young yeah, I was. mother and father were behind you 24/7. your interests, your goals, your achievements... seemed like whatever I did to make them notice me was pointless.

Ivan: is that why you moved out?

Vladimir: no, but that was the reason I toured a lot and never came home. I moved out for myself.

Ivan: and you say your jealous of me? you have the freedom to travel the world, so many people who admire you. while mother and father won't let me go anywhere unless they accompany me. I've become so dependent on them that I hate it...

I kept watching them through the crack of the door.

Ivan: this condition has kept me at home most of them time. I want to travel to Europe you know.

Vladimir: how come?

Ivan: I want to work under chef Bernard. he's the number one chef right now and I want to learn from him. mother and father refuse to send me... I bring it up now and then with them, but they pay me no mind. I'm trying, really, I have to get myself under control. so that I can prove to them I handle things on my own. so that they'll send me to work under him.

This was so overwhelming to hear, the brothers bonding was so sincere. they were getting their feelings out, it seemed so pure... maybe Vladimir has become a bit mature. my train of thought was broken when someone gripped my shoulder so tightly. I jumped almost spilling the hot chocolate. I turned around to see it was Dilan eyeing me suspiciously.

Dilan: what are you doing?

Shawn: ah, well...

I hand him the tray of hot chocolate.

Shawn: can you do me a favor? could you take this to Ivan?

Dilan: his rooms in the other direction.

Shawn: he's in here. I couldn't find the right timing to- you'll see what I mean if you go inside.

I smile at Dilan and walk towards Ivan's room to start cleaning it. I watch Dilan go in and close the door behind him. I got to work on Ivan's room... another 2 hours went by with cleaning his room, my stomach started growling loudly telling me to get some food. I went to the kitchen to search for something to eat. that's when I saw Ivan in the kitchen pulling out pots and pans from the cabinet.

Shawn: ah! a-are you ok to be out of bed?!

He looked at me but didn't say anything.

(Walks toward him) Shawn: I'll cook you can relax-

He looked uncomfortable when I began to enter his space, I realised and stepped back. I just stood there watching him work in silence.

(Not looking at him) Ivan: you can wash the vegetables.