Chapter 18

Vladimir's point of view

As I laid in bed I stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't fall asleep, I kept tossing and turning to find a comfortable spot. my bed was much bigger than this, it struck me late that Shawn's room was small and cramped. I barely remembered the apartment we used to live in, just the photos... had I gotten so used to the grand lifestyle that I live? Shawn and I lived in different worlds. it amazed me how he lived like this, would I be able to live like this if I wasn't DJ Drac anymore? thoughts of home and mother flooded my mind. I snuggled up the pillow in attempt to make it fluffier. there wasn't a trace of Shawn's scent anywhere on these sheets. wait why was I thinking about his smell anyways? he was... different, a funny character indeed. he was special, a so-called fan. a smile formed on my face when I remembered his answers on the quiz.

Vladimir: hmm, what a weirdo.

Shawn was kind and a hard worker. I'm relieved that I could rely on him, that he was by my side. I have been taking him for granted. he's done a lot for me in only two months. flash backs of how he handled Ivan's break down came to me. he didn't find it strange, and I certainly wasn't expecting him to lash out at me. he's so weak he barely pushed me backwards. then the time he helped me with my photoshoot, it was quick thinking on his part to fix my costume. lucky a guy like him knew how to sew. Ivan and Dilan had become close with him as well, it was clear that Shawn didn't have any hidden agenda. he truly considered the three of us his friends. he even helped us prep for mother and father's anniversary, it's a shame mother had to throw a tantrum about it. Shawn worked hard on the decorations and gave his input on our dance and my song.

He was always so cheerful and full of energy. he was like my very own cheerleader when he finds out that I'm coming up with a new song. he's always seen me as Vladimir and not just a DJ. he doesn't treat me any differently knowing I'm famous. it made me feel good. his eyes always sparkle when he sees me at my laptop and his squeal.

Vladimir: still don't know how he does that.

It was cute though. it was a unique feature about him that his voice could go so high. he's so fragile and tiny. I didn't notice it before until we tussled on the couch. he fit into my arms just right.

(Sits up) Vladimir: what the hell am I thinking about?!

Why in the world was I thinking in depth about Shawn?! I knew the dude helps me out a lot but still. I keep thinking about his smile, his lame jokes and how smart and caring he is. even now! I have nowhere to go and he's letting me stay the night!!! I mean what kind of dude does that!!! he's too nice for his own good! I lay back down mumbling to myself. my phone went off, it was a dm on Instagram.

(Direct message) DJ Lex: heya!

(Direct message) DJ Draacc: hey Jake. what's up?

(Direct message) DJ Lex: have you checked you email? did you get the photos?

(Direct message) DJ Draacc: yeah. they came out nicely.

(Direct message) DJ Lex: so ultra is coming up in six days! you just showing up for the last day, right?

(Direct message) DJ Draacc: yeah, that's right.

(Direct message) DJ Lex: then when do you wanna collab? or are we improvising on stage itself?

(Direct message) DJ Draacc: I like your song high without the cocaine. I have a song that will go with that. let's just do whatever on the spot after that.

(Direct message) DJ Lex: ok cool.

Ultra was coming up in six days and I was now debating on whether I should play the song for mother and father at the concert. would people like it? maybe I should get Shawn's opinion on it first. I'll play it for him when I get home tomorrow with proper music and guitar. if he says yes to it then I'll perform. I shut my phone and turned to my left cuz I sleep better laying on my left side. I don't know when I fell asleep...