Chapter 23

Sigma rule #23

Be firm with what you hold.

❀❀❀

Three men were standing in an open kitchen. The one with round rim glasses nudged his fiancé, who tsk'ed before commencing to argue in murmurs with the towering fellow. The Sigma and the Alpha went on arguing until they picked up the third person's voice.

"Drop it, you two. Just say it!" ever listened to birds warbling in the dawn? Ever picked up the murmurs of the air in your ears? Jungkook boomed as calmly as the feeling you would feel. The glorious eyes flickered with a gradual creeping pace.

His lips parted themselves as he repeatedly heard his brother and soon-to-be brother-in-law whisper to one another to speak something.

The lad continued scrubbing the plates, electing to ward off his gaze from the elders. The water was splashing against his porcelain fingers, which had gotten numb. "Jungkookie," he heard from his brother. The boy hummed in response.

"He is coming back today," Jin murmured as tenderly as he could. The younger Alpha stopped his movements and acknowledged by nodding a little. Jungkook then started to wash his palms further. "Are you okay- "Namjoon hesitatingly paused as Jungkook started to stride away.

"I'm going to take a bath," he asserted, before appearing to ascend the stairs to his room. "Hey" Jin grumbled, peering at his brother. Jungkook stood in tracks and nodded, acknowledging him to proceed and speak, whatever he demands to convey.

"All of us are leaving to meet and invite a few people for tomorrow's function. So, he will come here to have his breakfast-"

"Okay," Jungkook responded and made his way to his room. 

.

.

.

After he relaxed back in the car, he realized how his heart was thumping. How his face had turned hotter. He couldn't understand that— his Alpha was a boxer now. He gobbled the air, examining the video he had carried out of the clip on the screen. Taehyung's eyes glinted red. "My Alpha," he murmured.

After the twenty-five minutes of drive, the taxi dropped the sigma at the gate of the row-house society. His whole body shuddered. Just being near that "precise someone" obtained a delicacy in his heart. The male exhaled thickly before reaching out for his phone.

He beamed at the images he had taken the screenshot of after googling his own mate. And he wouldn't lie— He knows he has been staring at it all this while. He couldn't believe his eyes. Couldn't believe that—it was actually his mate on Seoul's extremely busy billboard. Couldn't believe that the alpha was quite grown now.

His eyes instantaneously dropped upon the youngster's garden in the society. He couldn't maintain the smile that occupied his lips.

FLASHBACK

It was a genial evening. The distinctive flowers had bright butterflies tingling above him and there remained a five-year-old alpha child, seeking to catch those butterflies. The lad halted as promptly as he looked at the Sigma fellow reaching the garden, alone. His fists were shoved into his pocket out of habit. Jungkook shimmered at the sigma before jogging towards him.

"TaeeTaeeee" Jungkook trilled, dangling his arms in the air. "TaeeeTaeee are you unhappy today?" Lil Kookoo urged as he cupped his face. The sigma swung his head, before hopping on the wooden bench along with the younger.

"Mommy says whoever lies is a bad boy" Jungkook poked his cheeks with the tip of his fingers and uttered. "KooKoo is a fairy, he will keep your secret" Jungkook giggled, saying.