Chapter 39

#Sigma rule 39

Excuses don't build empires.

❀❀❀

The Alphas won the ritual. Cheering and shrieks could be heard from their side after the two men returned. On the other side, the sigmas were somewhat worried—Taehyung seemed zoned out.

There was clearly something that was troubling him. One of the reasons why Namjoon elected to pull the man inside the stayed villa from the bonfire. Everybody had rounded up in the garden for a barbecue party.

Taehyung appeared to not question and follow his elder brother wordlessly. As promptly as the two entered Taehyung's room, Namjoon subsequently questioned, "What's bothering you, Tae?" his tone was soft, and expressed concern. "I- I found this red box near the waterfall. It says to open the envelope in it on the blue moon. A-and Jungkook—almost got this box," Taehyung countered with his eyes on the marble floor.

"Where's the box?" Namjoon inquired and thus followed the latter, who walked over to the bedside drawer with his eyes. Taehyung stepped over to the elder sigma with certainty. The erstwhile's mouth hung out, ultimately causing the younger to frown.

"What happened, Hyung?" Taehyung placed his hands over to his shoulder. "I saw this box with granny," Namjoon responded, referring to granny Kim. It was the younger one, grimacing now. "I saw her taking this along with her when all the elders were working to hide the rings on an alternative day," the former completed his sentence only to make the other sigh in relief. The male had so many negative thoughts about it—he almost thought that Jungkook knew about his curse and was the one behind the box—he couldn't even imagine opening the box and then getting to know that his and Jungkook's lives are in danger.

"I'm glad," he emitted loudly. The two discussed a little about the riddle that Namjoon had mentioned earlier to break the curse and then moved out of the room to ask granny Kim about the object—the box. As they descended the stairs, the guys located Jungkook, Yoongi, and Jin in the kitchen.

.

The Alphas were remaining in a circle discussing the wish they could to ask the sigmas to perform for them. Everybody could see the mischievous grin on their faces. "So, I want to suggest something." Jungkook appeared to lean his back in his arms. "Go ahead!" Jin beamed brightly. But there was something that nobody except Yoongi could see—Jungkook's eyes were strangely blue—as if his long-planned plan was coming together. His omnipotent trait was showing up.

"So, our wish will be asking for three wishes." Jungkook gawked at everyone to see their reaction. He was surprised when his idea was welcomed. "Wow, we can actually do that. Asking for multiple wishes would be fun," Eunwoo whooped out loud. "But. What will be the wishes?" Lisa asked, snapping Eunwoo's back. "You guys can decide the first two wishes. I would like to have the third one to myself," Jungkook smirked, evidently causing Jin and Yoongi to share looks with some another. There was something very suspicious about Jungkook right now. "And what will you do with that one wish?" Yoongi investigated.

"I will seek for Taehyung his reasons," Jungkook instantaneously replied. Before anybody could process what left the erstwhile alpha's mouth, Jin blunted, "Jungkook, why don't you help me bring the drinks from the kitchen," Jin earned everybody's attention. Jungkook, who was prepared with his answers, got up along with Yoongi, who followed the two.

.

.

"What do you think you're doing, Jungkook?" Jin turned back to the younger. "Hyung, calm down. I'm just wishing to know his reasons as to why he acted like that with me. I do think that I deserve the answers, "Like anyone else who appeared to not know what Taehyung and the whole family had and is being going through would have raised their voice for Jungkook—the boy raised it for himself.

"Jungkook. Didn't Taehyung ask you to wait for him? Didn't he say that he will tell you eventually?" the elder opposed, wrapping his arms over his chest. A dark frown had taken over his forehead. Jin looked very pissed. "He did— "Jungkook was cut off further by the elder alpha. "Yet. Yet you decided to do this. You decided not to wait for him. You decided to take advantage of this ritual in your favor. You decided to break the pledge you took in front of the gamma." His voice held such frustration. Such a fit of anger. The younger, who was standing in front of him in a frightened and confused state. "But—"

Jin tried to calm himself down, but he couldn't restore it. "Do whatever you want to do," he proclaimed, moving out of the area. Yoongi was the only one standing there with him now. "Jungkook, listen to me," Yoongi began softly. The younger one turned towards him.

"A wolf should never break a pledge. Never ever." He rambled the last part before patting his back. The lad was left alone when Yoongi strode out towards the garden again. Jungkook was in a daze. He knew what he was doing was wrong but—he indeed took the pledge with Taehyung in front of the gamma. How could he neglect that—

FLASHBACK 

"Repeat after me, For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the pack is the pack," the two recited after him, though, in the twenty-first century, the packs of the wolves had utterly saturated — yet they say a wolf should never be alone. It is either their pack, their family, or the community they should stick to.

"With all my reverence and devotion to the moon goddess, I shall commit to staying ardent and patient with my mate. I shall pledge to adhere to, respect, love, and dedicate myself in order to accept them in the way they are."

FLASHBACK ENDS

Jungkook now had to decide. He could either wait for Taehyung or ask for his reasons tomorrow. But. Particularly if he knew Taehyung was right in the left-hand corner of the stairs and the two brothers heard the whole conversation. Taehyung seemed— hurt. 

❀❀❀