Chapter 3

Sigma rule #3

Be good at hiding

❀❀❀

"Bro, who is singing in your room? I smell strong pheromones." Jimin asked his best friend, who was making drinks for them. Taehyung chuckled loudly, "It's him." Taehyung lifted his brows, exclaiming. "Oh-- Wait! WHAT!? I always wanted to see him!! But why is he singing Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo? Why does it seem like--"

I kept quiet so I could keep you,

and ain't it funny how you ran to him.

The second that we called it quits

and ain't it funny how you said you were friends,

Now it sure as hell don't look like it.

"Is he?" Jimin pointed at himself and then at Taehyung, who was laughing helplessly.

You betrayed me,

and I know that you never feel sorry for the way I hurt, yeah.

You talk to him when we were together.

Loved you at your worst, but that didn't matter.

Jimin let out a soft chuckle watching his best friend laugh so genuinely at the one who was singing in his bedroom." But what's the matter?" the smaller figure inquired again, still confused, yet that little smile didn't leave his lips.

FLASHBACK

They were strolling back to their car after coming out of the bakery. Taehyung was holding Jungkook's bags of doughnuts and cupcakes. But the younger one behind him kept looking at him with a strange look in his eyes.

"Yes, I have" was the only sentence ringing in his head since he heard the older muttering that he had found his mate. He continued peeking at him even when they were in the car. And it was not like Taehyung wasn't aware of Lil one glancing at him.

"Who is it!?" Jungkook asked, leaning his elbow on the window. The boy was throwing daggers at him."Who?" The older played dumb. "You don't know!?" The alpha inquired once again glaring at him causing shivers to race through Taehyung's spine.

The fellow then smelled Jungkook's lavender-like pheromones. He grinned, looking out of the window, making sure to not show the gentle smile to the younger. To play along, "No, I don't. What are you talking about?"

"Who is M.a.t.e" he spelt the word lifting his brows funnily, "What's m.a.t.e hmm?" The Sigma asked back, causing the Alpha to let out a frustrated groan.

"Who! Is! Your! Mate!" he asked. His eyes were visibly blue by now. Taehyung was quick enough to notice the changes.

"He still hasn't learned to control himself," The lad thought and chuckled silently. Though the younger was mad and his surrounding aura was dark-- to Taehyung, it was nothing but his Lil one just huffing out of habit.

"Oh, about that? My mate hasn't matured yet." As soon as Taehyung said that, Jungkook growled loudly. "I asked, who is it?" The elder of the two had no choice but to take the younger under his control, now. He lifted his palm and placed it on his forehead, lightly massaging his cheeks with his other one. "There is nothing to worry about, Nochu" He patted the younger, relaxing him. He knew Jungkook was under the control of his wolf to act like that.

When the boy's eyes turned back to normal and were closing themselves-- He slipped onto the older's shoulder. Taehyung smiled and shuffled him to his chest after unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Alpha, you're mine." he snickered and patted him again.

.

.

.

Jungkook found himself dozing in a room of an apartment that he could remember faintly. He freed his eyes abruptly and sat up, looking around. He found Taehyung peering at him lying on the sofa.

Just then he felt a sharp pain in his head. The younger lad loudly groaned when he couldn't remember anything that had happened earlier. "How did I end up in your room?" The younger pouted now, setting his hair, which was up as if they had a few magnetic relations with the ceiling

"Thanks to my shoulders, you my room. Though, I had all the plans to leave you inside the car, itself." The latter male placed his phone down and walked towards the former. Shoving one palm into his pocket, he glanced at the younger one, who was busy setting his hair down.

He smiled hearing an "Eh?" from Jungkook. He was cursing his hair while listening to the Sigma. The older man held his wrist, stopping him, and started to do his hair himself. He liked how his fingers softly brushed his feather-like hair.

The younger pouted, making Taehyung flick his chin. "What happened, hmm?" The elder bent down to his level and looked straight into his eyes. "Hyung, please. . . reject your mate, please." And this certainly did offend the other male.

Though he knew what the younger meant. He still decided to play the dumb game. He wanted to see how Jungkook would react knowing that he belonged to him, and him only. However, this wasn't the only reason why he decided to keep the boy in the dark.

But before he could speak anything, the doorbell rang."Maybe, my mate is here," Taehyung exclaimed, hiding the laugh he was holding.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Jimin chuckled, but he felt pity for Jungkook. He thought that maybe, Jungkook deserved to know why Taehyung was and is so talkative around him. And why Taehyung cared so much about him.

Why does he always mock him without a reason when sigmas are the wolves who don't do anything unnecessarily? Only if he knew why his parents insisted him to stay with the Sigma. And why hasn't the older one told him yet that he is soon leaving, leaving for another country. . .

❀❀❀

Feedbacks? Any thoughts about the book?