"You're beautiful,"

Smiling, she stood on her tiptoes and kissed me, then rushed to get a vase for her flowers.

I'd been to her apartment quite a few times with the help of the guys, so I knew my way round it now. She lived in a penthouse in the city, a rather big one, with a rustic kind of theme. I loved it here- plus, she had no kid or dog to mess the place up.

"Wanna order food?"

"Obviously,"

"What are you thinking? I'd really like pizza,"

"I'm fine with whatever you want,"

"Pizza," she said, sitting cross legged on the sofa, "What are your thoughts on pineapple on pizza?"

"Absolutely not,"

"Fine,"

"You can have your own, I will pay for whatever,"

"Maybe I am paying,"

"Well in that case I'll order 5 pizzas,"

"Whatever makes you happy,"

I sat next to her and looked at the ipad, ordering my choice of pizza. Then, she shuffled closer to me and I hugged her, smiling to myself.

It was nice to have downtime alone with her knowing Gabi was also having fun, and that soon the hiding would be over.

Hiding things from your daughter was weirdly hard.

"So, what's the dress code for tomorrow?"

"That depends on the mood,"

"Mkay. I got a new dress,"

"You did?"

"Yeah, it's a special moment,"

"It means a lot to me that you care about Gabi so much,"

"Well, you know... I know it's early on in the grand scheme of things but she could be family one day. Or already is, but legally,"

"Yeah. You're right,"

"I've never been as happy as I have been with you, Luke,"

"I love you," I said, kissing her, "God you make me cheesy,"

"Well that's the best kind of love,"

The doorbell rang, so I went and let the guy in, then collected it from the front door when he came up.

Sierra suggested to go and eat on her bed to watch tv, so I grabbed my bag and followed her up, halting as I reached the doorway.

"You got me flowers too?"

"Great minds think alike,"

On the bed was a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates, and candles had been lit which made the room smell really nice. The tv was already on, and the lighting was low; she had outdone me.

"Sierra this is- wow,"

"Our pizza is getting cold you know,"

"Thank you,"

"Are you about to cry?"

"No," I said, my voice shaking.

I took a deep breath and held the pizza boxes tighter, biting the inside of my cheek.

No one had ever done this before.

In fact, no one had ever been anything like Sierra. Perhaps I was worthy of more than I gave myself credit for.

We climbed into bed and put the pizzas down, then she held my hand as she put the tv on, brushing her thumb on the back of it.

"What do you wanna watch?"

"Our show,"

"Okay,"

"I can't believe you did this,"

"Well you better start believing,"

We tucked into our pizza, then laid down and cuddled, watching tv quietly.

One of my favourite things was when I could stay in silence with someone and it wasn't awkward- we had that.

As we were waiting for the next episode to load, she turned and kissed me, which slowly progressed, until I let out a yawn and ruined the moment.

Being the person she was though, she let out a giggle and pecked my lips again, falling back onto the pillow.

"Am I boring you?"

"I'm sorry, I am so exhausted,"

"You should get some rest,"

"No,"

"Luke, go to sleep. You've done a lot this week,"

"No, it's okay,"

"Luke,"

She raised her eyebrows and turned the TV off, then began to tuck me in, so I sighed and gave in, curling under the duvet with her.

I found sleeping with company much easier.

Or perhaps it was just knowing Sierra was by my side, for she really was someone special in my life.

———-
awhhhh wholesome chapter for u all cos im nice <3