Little Man (Tom Holland)

Start from the beginning

"Listen" He sighs, "I care about you, and I care about Owen. I'm here for when you need me. Whether it's 1am in the morning or it's something like picking up Owen from school. I'm there. Even if you need some money-"

"No. I don't take money" I shake my head and Tom sighs, reaching back into his pocket and pulling something out. I shut my eyes, not wanting to look at the envelopes he put on the counter in front of me.

"That's none of your business" I sigh, grabbing them and putting them in a cupboard for now.

"Y/n those are bill reminders from the cupboard in your hallway. You're behind. Just let me give you a bit of money and-"

"Mummy" We both turn seeing Owen sniffling, some tears falling down his face.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I ask, walking to him and crouching in front of his little body. He hugs me, hiding his face in my shoulder.

"I can't find Rory" he mumbles.

"Come on let's go find him then yeah?" I smile, standing up and picking him up with me. He clings to my front, resting his head on my shoulder and I head upstairs, spending a few minutes and helping him find him.

We find him eventually and he smiles widely, hugging Rory. "Thanks" Owen smiles and I give him a little smile, earlier replaying over in my head.

"Listen how's this, mummy's got to work in her office today but when I take a lunch break for an hour we can go to the park for a little bit yeah?" I say and he smiles, nodding frantically.

"Right, whatcha wanna watch?" I ask, standing up and ruffling his hair before walking with him downstairs.

"Paw Patrol" He smiles. I leave him in the living room, putting Paw Patrol on the TV for him to watch which he happily does and I go back to the kitchen, finding Tom stood waiting and he's already cleared up for me.

"You didn't have to do that" I sigh and Tom walks over, standing in front at me with his hands on my waist.

"I'm worried okay? I'm worried about you. You mean a lot to me and I don't care what you say but it's my job to make sure you're okay. Please, just let me help you with money at least" Tom says, "I'm a multi-millionaire, I have more than enough to help"

"Tom I-I just can't" I say, looking up at him. As much as I probably need it I can't take money from him. I know it. It's not his responsibility, he's not Owen's father, he's not my boyfriend or husband, it's not his job to pay bills for me. "It's fine I just gotta get more work done" I say.

"You work Monday - Friday at the office from 9-6, then you work practically most the day from home at the weekends so you can take care of Owen" Tom says, "You get too much work done"

"I'm sorry. I can't" I say, shrugging away from him and heading upstairs, sighing. This is really not ideal. I head into my office and sit at my desk, loading up my computer and beginning to work, but then the door opens just as I get started.

"Mummy?" Owen asks and I see Tom stood at the door too.

"Yeah?" I answer and he comes over. I turn in my chair and he stands in front of me, trying to climb up onto my lap. I lift him on, sitting him there and he cuddles into me, hugging Rory.

"Please" Tom whispers and I look up at him. I sigh, looking down to Owen then back to Tom.

"I'll think about it" I whisper and he nods. Owen ends up asleep on my lap within 5 minutes and Tom gently takes him from me, carrying him in his arms.

Owen wakes a little, hugging Tom tighter. "Go back to sleep little man" Tom whispers, pressing a kiss onto his head. He tells me silently he's taking Owen to his bed and I nod, getting on with my work.